Driveway ramps!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driveway ramps!!

Quick question for anyone that is really low. Do you have, or do you know where someone would be able to buy a ramp of somesort that fits between the street and the curb up to your driveway? I'd like to lower my car a bit more however without some kind of ramp, I would never be able to do so!

Here is a picture of what I mean. Notice how the curb kind of rolls up from the street to the driveway? ANy thought swould be appreciated!!

I'm just using this pic as a reference to the curb. It works fine for the GTX but the GTI is the one I have problems with!

Cheers
    Derek
    Last edited by GINCH; 01-31-2006, 07:03 PM.
    Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
    -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
    -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Re: Driveway ramps!!

Not sure where you would get one from but keep in mind that they ARE illegal as per City bylaws :(.

"12. Do I have to remove my driveway ramp for street cleaning equipment?
    Yes. These non-standard ramps are prohibited under City Street By-law No.20m88 and should be removed. If The City has to take away the obstruction, you may be billed for removal costs."

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...veway+AND+ramp

and read this thread for some more info/discussion:
    http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4679
    Last edited by nismodrifter; 01-31-2006, 07:09 PM.

Comment

ya i would like to know if there is any around also

i was gona plan on making my own though probably
      Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Comment

Yeah I was think of making something myself too! I just don't want it to look like ****!
        Derek
        Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
        -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
        -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Unfortunately, you cannot have any sort of ramp as per the bylaw above. Some of our neighbours have been dinged by this already and have had theirs removed by the City.

The only other option is to have the curb repaved by the city, but I hear it's an expensive proposition. Something in the neighbourhood of $2000.

I suppose you could put a bunch of 2x4's down there in the 'gutter' of the curb to try and help out a bit, and if the city complains you can say it's just "street garbage" that wound up in front of your driveway....
          2008 Audi RS4
          2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

i'd rock 2x4s until somebody complains.. i used to have to enter mine at a super dumb angle and would always run over my lawn lol.. my neighbours would be like why don't you make your car more drivable i told them its much better this way and the grass can grow another day
            Last edited by R_Ethug; 01-31-2006, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
              i'd rock 2x4s until somebody complains.. i used to have to enter mine at a super dumb angle and would always run over my lawn lol.. my neighbours would be like why don't you make your car more drivable i told them its much better this way and the grass can grow another day
              I think I take the same aproach to the driveway as you do
              I would also like some sort of ramp, I've seen people use that thick black rubber type stuff... Probly not aloud that either.
              Graeme

2015 S4
              2018 Monster 1200S

Comment

Hey dude,

I would just use a 2x4 also... Do you drive the car often? If not just bring it out once you go for a drive and put it back in the garage when youre back... If thats not too much of a hassle.
                RIP 97 Jetta VR

03 A4 1.8T
                02 MB E320

Comment

My grandma had a steep driveway and a very long car. After scraping the front end entering her driveway a few times, we went out there and made our own ramps. We cleaned the curb in the area as good as we could, then poured our own permanent concrete ramps that were just a little wider than the curb. Worked wonderfully. That was ~10 years ago, never had a complaint or problem from the city.

Comment

Working...
                  X