Eurodrivers Management.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eurodrivers Management.

all joking aside guys i hope the best for the club and we started this for growing the community, making friends and sharing ideas with no bad intentions.
    Last edited by R_Ethug; 03-09-2017, 07:16 AM.

Comment

I don't really follow the forum much these days, mostly because free time is very dear these days due to the number of projects I seem to have absorbed over the last few years. But I just found this thread, and after reading through a couple things come to mind.

.: The forum is very Calgary-centric. Which is cool! If you live in or near Cowtown. But I moved up north almost 10 years ago. It would be nice to see more going on in Edmonton and Vancouver, to start. I know a solid group of like 8-10 guys in Edmonton that actually build and wrench their own cars, cool older Audis, mostly B2-B5 and C4 platforms. They don't bother with the forum because there's no tangible benefit to them. A more developed scene would convince them that there's a solid place for networking purposes, at the very least. How that happens, exactly, I don't know. Just saying so aloud.

.: I'd like to see DIY sections. This would help boost OC. The lack of new content also has me spending my forum time elsewhere. Personally speaking, I tend to like to see how things go together and what the effect is when it's all done. I'm more of a go than show kinda guy, so that's what keeps my interest.

.: The last time there was a sweater/hoodie GB it was an unmitigated disaster. Communication and coordination fell flat and that was a bummer because I lost interest, in spite of really wanting one. I remember asking for a preview of the logo and placement (ideally a legit rendering) so I could get an idea of what I'd be wearing, but was rebuked. Then, months later they still weren't done so I faded away. I'm sure lessons learned from that experience can be applied going forward, and having someone with clearly demarcated roles and responsibilities (EG, as Danny noted, a VP of internal or something) would likely help.

.: Is there any kind of club presence on Instagram? Wouldn't that be a premium avenue to recruit new members and pump the brand to others? The forum should always represent the core of the club, but it would seem foolish to ignore social media when people spend so much time on those platforms. Coordinated hashtags, a verified club account, membership giveaways... all sorts of possibilities come to mind. 780tuners does a pretty good job on IG, come to think of it.

.: A club discount at a reputable four-wheel dyno in Alberta would pique my interest in buying a membership. Especially if the discount was greater than the cost to officially join the club. Just sayin'. Host a club dyno day every year. It's the right thing to do.
      Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
      Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
      Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
        I don't really follow the forum much these days, mostly because free time is very dear these days due to the number of projects I seem to have absorbed over the last few years. But I just found this thread, and after reading through a couple things come to mind.

.: The forum is very Calgary-centric. Which is cool! If you live in or near Cowtown. But I moved up north almost 10 years ago. It would be nice to see more going on in Edmonton and Vancouver, to start. I know a solid group of like 8-10 guys in Edmonton that actually build and wrench their own cars, cool older Audis, mostly B2-B5 and C4 platforms. They don't bother with the forum because there's no tangible benefit to them. A more developed scene would convince them that there's a solid place for networking purposes, at the very least. How that happens, exactly, I don't know. Just saying so aloud.

.: I'd like to see DIY sections. This would help boost OC. The lack of new content also has me spending my forum time elsewhere. Personally speaking, I tend to like to see how things go together and what the effect is when it's all done. I'm more of a go than show kinda guy, so that's what keeps my interest.

.: The last time there was a sweater/hoodie GB it was an unmitigated disaster. Communication and coordination fell flat and that was a bummer because I lost interest, in spite of really wanting one. I remember asking for a preview of the logo and placement (ideally a legit rendering) so I could get an idea of what I'd be wearing, but was rebuked. Then, months later they still weren't done so I faded away. I'm sure lessons learned from that experience can be applied going forward, and having someone with clearly demarcated roles and responsibilities (EG, as Danny noted, a VP of internal or something) would likely help.

.: Is there any kind of club presence on Instagram? Wouldn't that be a premium avenue to recruit new members and pump the brand to others? The forum should always represent the core of the club, but it would seem foolish to ignore social media when people spend so much time on those platforms. Coordinated hashtags, a verified club account, membership giveaways... all sorts of possibilities come to mind. 780tuners does a pretty good job on IG, come to think of it.

.: A club discount at a reputable four-wheel dyno in Alberta would pique my interest in buying a membership. Especially if the discount was greater than the cost to officially join the club. Just sayin'. Host a club dyno day every year. It's the right thing to do.
        Things are in the works for Edmonton.

DIY's while good, there are a lot of forums that cater more to specific generations that seem to have more traffic because they are a larger group focus on a specific model with lots of experience.

Hoodies were a disaster, that was my fault.

We do have an instagram @eurodrivers.ca, it is growing. This was part of our planning.

We will be hosting Euro Dyno days at Calgary Autoworks, one or two a year including a BBQ.
        Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
        2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

As the the 2017 season is coming to a close, i just wanted to make an update on this thread.

I think for the most part this year went well. From an event perspective, i think everybody did a great job in getting organized for events; having the tent at shows, having merch at shows etc. I wanted to specifically thank Carly for absolutely killing the event coordinating game and taking the lead role of organizing the summer send off in such short notice. Ide also like to thank the ed team including rod, colin, tyler, bob, any everybody else who helped out in any way whether it be with shows, donating items for the shows or even just giving ideas for the club. Its all very much appreciated!

Unfortunately i have step away from my spot in the ED team, as i have to give my job my full attention for next season. Some changes will be coming in my life which will take priority and will conflict with me working on ED things. Ive learned that the ed job is a big role and required more time than i anticipated and I’m unable to fill the requirement. So i hope someone else can step in and make an impact! I had a lot of fun with ED this year and hope it continues to grow. Thanks for letting my take on a bigger role for this season everybody!

All being said, i made this little update because i wanna hear what everyone else thought of how this year went. What worked? what didn’t? So the club can begin to plan for next season. May be another large meet where we discuss club direction again? What are your thoughts and suggestions?

Comment

Thanks for all the hard work! I feel it was much more organized and "club like" even from an outside perspective so I'm sure locally it was great.

Comment

Hey Dan, thanks for posting this. Yes, I also think this year was great and really showed what we can do. The work that especially Carley put in to get all the shows and merchandise together, starting with Driven and finishing up with our Summer Send Off was amazing and I truly cannot express to her in words how much I appreciate all the hours of hard work that she put in. Not to mention putting up with all of us with our "suggestions", questions and ADHD infused conversations.

I am also truly sorry to see you step away Dan, but I totally understand buddy. Bigger and better things for you I'm sure are coming down the pipe!!

I think it would be a great thing to do a end of season meeting to see where we sit and where we will go for the upcoming year. Start planning how we want to handle the bigger shows such as Driven, Sunday School and our show too. Also start thinking about doing some better organized road trips (Leavenworth, Wuste, Great Canadian or others for example). I didn't make it out myself to the week of Ice Cream meets because my body doesn't do well with it any more lol, but thought that was a great thing this summer!!

Into the Rockies has seen a decline over the las few years and it might be time to put that one away and focus on the show instead. We used to organize more day trips to the mountains and I miss those. With the social media push on FB, Instagram, Twitter, etc...we should be able to organize some good road trips around Calgary.

Bryan going off to YEG is also great for ED! He's already said that he will be involved in the club in the same way as this year while also helping Edmonton grow.

So let's start by planning the meeting and see where that takes us.
              --
              Rod
              Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
              2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

There has been an increase in events and participation, which is always good. Way better than previous years.

We just need more exposure and offer something different from other clubs around the city. Whether that is something tangible or a different experience, then we win.
                Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Rod, regarding Into the Rockies, I talked to a lot of people leading up to it and after it. Leading up, people were very interested but the date was too early. After people were thinking it was coming up soon and couldn't wait to come out.

We need more exposure leading up to the show and a couple weeks later.
                  Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                  2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
                    Rod, regarding Into the Rockies, I talked to a lot of people leading up to it and after it. Leading up, people were very interested but the date was too early. After people were thinking it was coming up soon and couldn't wait to come out.

We need more exposure leading up to the show and a couple weeks later.
                    I agree with this. We need to get the date for ITTR out there way sooner next year and try to do it early August again, which I think is what most were expecting.
                    Scott
                    '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
                    '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

• Re: Eurodrivers Management.

Originally posted by CGY_GTI View Post
                      I agree with this. We need to get the date for ITTR out there way sooner next year and try to do it early August again, which I think is what most were expecting.
                      I see into the rockies as a "just for fun" event. no shirts, no charity aspect. Just make it a annual ED cruise thats laid back. Its not like you will be able to make it a 100 car event let alone 30-50. Its not scalable. Its not something the club or charity will make a lot of money from, where I believe more attention should be put towards building on the summer send off show (maybe a season opener and a closer show).

A suggestion of mine has always been to get involved with the car community, not just the euro car community. Sure we attend other shows, but theres a massive opportunity to put on a big show open to all makes where hundreds of cars would show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Danaldson View Post
                        A suggestion of mine has always been to get involved with the car community, not just the euro car community. Sure we attend other shows, but theres a massive opportunity to put on a big show open to all makes where hundreds of cars would show up.
                        I would agree. I realize that our club is called 'Eurodrivers', but it doesn't hurt to have a big show and welcome other makes.

Menace got bigger than us in a short period of time. The flipside is the crowd it attracts, so there's two sides to every coin.
                        Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flipstah View Post
                          I would agree. I realize that our club is called 'Eurodrivers', but it doesn't hurt to have a big show and welcome other makes.

Menace got bigger than us in a short period of time. The flipside is the crowd it attracts, so there's two sides to every coin.
                          Agreed on both points. We can have a chat as to what we want the show to be when we have the meeting. It's definitely a balancing act between the two things for sure.
                          --
                          Rod
                          Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                          2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

I know we say euro but realistically it's mostly VAG. Maybe try to reach out to Mercedes and BMW clubs, also there might be some other outliers such as Renault and Citroen kicking around.

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
                              I know we say euro but realistically it's mostly VAG. Maybe try to reach out to Mercedes and BMW clubs, also there might be some other outliers such as Renault and Citroen kicking around.
                              Someone invite the 2CV crew so I can buy one.

Don

sigpic

Comment

https://citroenvie.com/join-citroenvie/

You know what I read that blew my mind?

"Canadian residents also have access to borrow specialized Citroën tools"
                                Can we do that?

Comment

Working...
                                X