Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 15 LOLROAD progression

Originally posted by danno View Post
    Lucky guy. Love those wheels. I’m sure you have a list of people who want them just add me on it.
    haha sure do i think these may be my forever wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Danaldson View Post
      haha sure do i think these may be my forever wheels.
      probably the funniest thing i have ever heard come out of your mouth... they'll be for sale in 6 months.

Current
      02 Audi S3 - Low and Slow phase II follow the build @j_gheron
      04 GLI low and slow OG
      Past
      02 Laser S4//605'd//aquamisted//EPLed
      00 Jetta 1.8T OEM+

Comment

Originally posted by gheron View Post
        probably the funniest thing i have ever heard come out of your mouth... they'll be for sale in 6 months.
        lol not this time.

Comment

So the previous owner made a little error telling me that the Vossens were 20x10. They were actually 20x10.5. I should have just double checked the specs when i was at his place picking up the wheels. Unfortunately this made the wheels a little too aggressive for my liking. I didnt want to have to do any fender rolling or any modifications to make wheels fit on this car so i ultimately sold them.

I ended up ordering a custom set of Rotiform Las-R's in Candy red. Specs being 20x10 et35 Big thanks to natty to getting the order through and getting the wheels to me pretty quickly. Another thanks to Urban X to always being the greatest tire shop in town.

I was extremely nervous about the colour choice of the wheels all the way up until i got them on the car. Im super happy with how they look! They definitely wont be to everyones taste, but im loving them.

I do plan on giving the tail lights a very light dark cherry tint to match the wheels a little better.

I also de badged the A4 badge off the car and added a little Red Flag to the Allroad badge on the rear. Because its definitely not just an a4 wagon with a body kit right?

The only other mods im looking to do to the car is a stage 1 APR tune and the Clear corner mod to get rid of the gross orange in the headlight (you can see how much better a clear one looks in one of the photos). I may also consider wrapping the flares and having a bit of fun with some sort of livery down the road. Other than that the car is sitting exactly how i want it to.

Cheers!
          Last edited by Danaldson; 04-15-2019, 03:43 PM.

Comment

I like it. Nice work, man.
            Stefan
            -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
            -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
            -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

The red pops nicely, good call!

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
                I like it. Nice work, man.
                Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
                The red pops nicely, good call!
                Thanks guys!

Comment

I love the badge!
                  wheels I think would be better in gunmetal but thats my old man taste

Comment

Wanted to give the car a bit of a more agressive look with some slight tint on the headlights and tail lights. But that didnt go so well. The "Light Smoke" tint i picked up ended up being extremely dark so it has since been pulled off the car.

I ordered a much lighter tint so im going to give that another go. Im just looking for something very subtly darker.

I Installed a CTS Test pipe a couple weeks ago and thankfully it didnt make any difference to the sound of the car. but unlocked a solid amount of TQ. Will be tuning the car shortly. Should be close to 300hp and 350tq which i think will be a nice jump! im also looking forward to trying e85 as well.

My Clear corner lenses came in the other day and i got them installed. This really cleans up the front end!
                    Last edited by Danaldson; 05-09-2019, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Nice. TQ monster.
                      TJ
                      '17 Ram 3500 Laramie
                      '01 Silver S4

Comment

So i got the avant tuned on Saturday. Immediately i noticed a huge improvement in the pedal. On the stock tune i found you really needed to step on the pedal to get any kind of acceleration from the car. Would be like... nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing and then it would suddenly just jump down a gear and then accelerate. Now with the new tune the throttle is a lot more linear!

The power increase is really nice! It has a ton of Tq down low in the rpm. It honestly feels pretty quick now! Would love to see how it would stack up against a stock B8.5 S4.

I ordered these funky little Puddle lights off Amazon. Had great reviews and were only like 25 bucks. Completely plug and play and they fit a wide variety of newer audis. I would love to find a set that says "ALLROAD" or "QUATTRO" but this is good too.

LINK
                        Audi Puddle Lights

I also gave the Engine Bay a clean over the weekend.

Im not necessarily regretting my wheel purchase....I like them but sometimes i think that i should have waited out for a set of OEM Rs5 Rotor wheels. If the opportunity to trade for a set came by i would totally go for it. Next year i will either sell these LASR's to look for a set, or Powdercoat these in a gunmetal/Black. Other than that im totally in love with this car!
                        Last edited by Danaldson; 05-13-2019, 10:12 AM.

Comment

I really liked the darker tint on the headlights, it gave the car a "Stormtrooper" sort of feel to it! Will be interested to see the difference with the lighter option.
                          ~Stephanie~
                          2015 Tornado Red GTI Autobahn Edition
                          IG: succubusMK7

Comment

Originally posted by RedRayne_GTI View Post
                            I really liked the darker tint on the headlights, it gave the car a "Stormtrooper" sort of feel to it! Will be interested to see the difference with the lighter option.
                            It looks good in photos where i can play around with the tones to make the flares look a bit darker than they actually are. But this photo shows how it doesn't really flow well. If the flares were black, i would definitely have kept the dark tint. I may consider attempting to wrap the flares black at some point, but well see.

]

Comment

Oh Wow! Ya, that's a huge difference.
                              ~Stephanie~
                              2015 Tornado Red GTI Autobahn Edition
                              IG: succubusMK7

Comment

Working...
                              X