Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for someone to replace the cluster LCD in my B5 S4...anyone local?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for someone to replace the cluster LCD in my B5 S4...anyone local?

Like the title states...is there anyone local that can do this for a reasonable price? I can get the screen if someone has the soldering skills. I'd rather pay someone local before I ship it stateside...

TIA!
    Kyle
    2000 Audi S4

Re: Looking for someone to replace the cluster LCD in my B5 S4...anyone local?

I has mad soldering skills Depending what is involved I don't mind helping a fellow member out for notten.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Thanks Brent! Sent you an email
      Kyle
      2000 Audi S4

Comment

let us know how this goes, as im sure every other B5 owner here would like to do the same!

Comment

Has anyone looked into this upgrade?

Autopilot Color MFA

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...6-C5-Color-MFA

Was thinking about getting it for the RS6.
          Dave

1994 Audi RS2 Avant 2.2 20VT
          2000 Audi S4 Avant 2.7T *Sold*
          2002 Audi Allroad 2.7T *Sold to MIL so technically still mine*
          2004 Audi RS6 Avant 4.2TT *Waiting to turn 15 before coming out to play*
          2008 Audi S4 Avant 4.2 40V
          2011 Audi S5 Coupe 4.2 32V

Follow me on Instagram @blau_RS2

Comment

I spoke with the main installer in the US about the color upgrade and I would love to do it...but the wait times are ridiculous. Usually 4-6 months between orders of the actual screen and then a few more months for them to arrive from overseas. Then you have to install it. Which means another wait for someone to do it (unless you have mad skills like Brent ).
            Kyle
            2000 Audi S4

Comment

Originally posted by Blau_RS2 View Post
              Has anyone looked into this upgrade?

Autopilot Color MFA

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...6-C5-Color-MFA

Was thinking about getting it for the RS6.
              Yes, I have one. It's not installed yet.
              Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
              2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

How long did it take to get yours, Colin? Did you get it right from the supplier or from Matt Litke in the states?

Want to sell it since you haven't installed it lol?
                Last edited by Smarty39; 05-07-2019, 12:37 PM.
                Kyle
                2000 Audi S4

Comment

LOL just wait what email do I have on the forums... Never mind all good...You where in my spam filter lol
                  Last edited by Stonewall; 05-08-2019, 08:54 PM.
                  Name: Brent
                  His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                  Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                  Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Smarty39 View Post
                    How long did it take to get yours, Colin? Did you get it right from the supplier or from Matt Litke in the states?

Want to sell it since you haven't installed it lol?
                    It was a good ~8 months. Yes it was from Litke.

I should clarify, its partially installed, waiting to get the other car going so the allroad can be down for a bit.
                    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by kustom_quattro View Post
                      let us know how this goes, as im sure every other B5 owner here would like to do the same!
                      Yup. I have a B5.5 Passat W8 with a cracked LCD I wouldn't mind fixing one day.

Comment

Originally posted by ishoot View Post
                        Yup. I have a B5.5 Passat W8 with a cracked LCD I wouldn't mind fixing one day.
                        My Passat's just gets faded and illegible when it's hot. I have a whole second cluster from another Passat that had a few less miles, but I'm not sure I'll bother trying it. New LED might have better results.
                        Stefan
                        -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                        -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
                        X