Cars & Coffee - Sundays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cars & Coffee - Sundays

Personally, I think you should just go with a central location rather than mix it up between multiple locations. That way, this will build momentum and attract other people. If you alternate it... I promise you... it'll last 3 weeks and then it'll be done. Just my $0.02 worth but that's the great thing about the Distinctive guys and their Cars & Coffee thing. I always know when and where it is. Sometimes, I'm not even planning on going however, if I'm in the neighbourhood... I stop by anyways because I know its on. Again, I think focusing on one "Central for Everyone" location is the best.

With that in mind, how about Caffee Beano? Seems like nice and central for all, lots of angled parking on 16th, cool "hangout" outside coffee shop, etc.? Looking back at the IKEA Starbucks idea... it feels way too impersonal if you ask me. http://caffebeano.ca/
    Rob
    Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
    Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

this sounds sweet, i live in the south, but i also have nothing to do sunday mornings haha. i would be down for anywhere in the city really haha. would love to meet everyone. but i do like the idea of the the starbucks at ikea pretty good location!

Comment

Yeah I agree with not switching up locations, would be a bit confusing for people. Just throwing it out as an option. My vote is for deerfoot meadows

Comment

How early are we talking here?

And i vote Deerfoot Meadows as well.
          Kim

Comment

Deerfoot meadows is pretty central IMO, my vote is for there too.

Tons of parking as well.

Comment

Originally posted by vteclol View Post
              How early are we talking here?

And i vote Deerfoot Meadows as well.
              Maybe meet at 9? Seems like Deerfoot Meadows is the place. I will figure things out and post the details later today.

Comment

9am is way too early. you should be looking more like 11am i think.
                ~Tracy~
                MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
                Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

If it's 11, then I can't even go. The one I went to in California started at like 7:30! Either way, there's a week or so to figure this out because next sunday is Close to Home.

edit: what time did everyone have in mind?? I was thinking people start showing up 9-930 and everyone is gone by 11.
                  Last edited by martin13; 04-29-2012, 07:01 PM.

Comment

If you do it too late then you have to share parking with the retail establishments, 900am on a Sunday and you have the lot to yourself pretty much which is the best part. The Starbucks in Deerfoot Meadows is a pretty good spot, something like Cafe Beano has no parking and can be quite busy on a Sunday morning.

Maybe this should only be once a month or something as every week could be a bit much, kind of like a mid-monther or something for the summer season.
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Mid monthers are already reserved for Ice Cream meets which will commence in May

but I cant see why we cant just do both
                      Last edited by P Arkus; 04-29-2012, 09:20 PM.
                      Patryk
                      Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                      08 VW .:R32
                      04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Any extra time I can get away from my children is welcome. I love them with all my heart, but...

So, Ice Cream, coffee, whatever I'm in! And yeah parking is waaay better at Deerfoot Meadows and being right off Deerfoot makes it pretty easy to get to for the Northies.
                        --
                        Rod
                        Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                        2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

I'd probably join in every once in a while.
                          Daily: 2015 VW Jetta Trendline + (his) 2018 VW Tiguan Comfortline (hers) 2011 Volvo C30 R-Design: Orange Flame Metallic, Polestar, Milltek non-resonated exhaust, Various OEM+ accessories

Toy: 1992 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible: Talladega Red, 16in Aero wheels, 5MT.

Comment

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
                            Mid monthers are already reserved for Ice Cream meets which will commence in May

but I cant see why we cant just do both
                            What days are the Ice Cream meets usually on?? If every sunday is too much, we could always do end of the month. That way, beginning of the month is moxies, mid month is ice cream and end of the month is this.

Comment

We can't do this next week because of Close to Home. It seems like enough people are interested so lets make it happen the week after that. That being said, I invite all of you to the first Eurodrivers Cars & Coffee meet on May 13th! I edited the original post to reflect the details as well.

Comment

We used to do Ice cream meets like the middle Wednesday of the month so maybe if we did this like third Sunday or something to give enough variety for people to have plenty of options over the summer to check out the club events.

I am just not sure if enough people will come every Sunday morning.
                                Blair
                                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
                                X