---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
    PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

• Re: Hairdressers Timeline

Here comes the sandman! looks great!

Comment

I would love to see this car in person, nice work Danny!!!
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

smooth coffee with some cream in there! wow interesting color choice here! I bet you get lots of comments!
          the wheels are amazing dude!

Comment

is it a difficult task to wrap a car? ive only ever done small parts

Comment

Saw the car today was behind you, in my navigator. Looked good, amazing how good a wrap can look. Not sure I like the black lm’s, I’d want those to stand out. Looks great, and sounds nice.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                Saw the car today was behind you, in my navigator. Looked good, amazing how good a wrap can look. Not sure I like the black lm’s, I’d want those to stand out. Looks great, and sounds nice.
                thanks man! Im digging the black LM's and whole black theme a lot now. I didn't like how the silver wheels looked with the sandstorm colour. Its been little bit since I've updated this thread so ill post some progress pics.

Comment

Here is a pic from close to home. Thanks to all who voted for me for peoples choice. Was a huge surprise!

As i mentioned above, i wasn't totally in love with the color combo of the sandstorm wrap and the silver wheels/mirrors/front/rear valences. Ever since i saw the wrap color i knew a black theme would look much better and more aggressive. That being said i didnt feel super comfortable taking brand new LM's and powder coating them ruining the OEM finish. Just in case i change up the color of the car again, or put them on another car in the future.

I found product called Superwrap. in theory its the same as plasti dip. A temporay, removable coating that you comes right off without ruining the finish underneath. The difference here is that plasti dip is rubber based, where as superwrap is vinyl based. Making for a much cleaner looking finish and the final product looking like how a regular vinyl wrap would.

Gave it a shot and ive been very impressed with the product. The wheel kit came with 6 cans of coating, a can of top coat, and a prep spray as well. You end up using much more product than you would with plasti dip, as it lays on much like a spraypaint would. where as plasti dip comes out of the cans quite thick. Overall i did 12 coats plus 2 coats of top coat clear coat. Overall the finish looks just like a powder coat job. Very minor orange Peel to it. I feel like if i did it again i could do a better job as well.

Here are some pics of the finished product.

I also picked up some black vinyl to do the mirrors, front lip, fog grills, and rear valence.I also tinted the front headlights with laminex as well. Im loving the black theme much more. But as usual with black wheels, pictures don't really do it justice.

Also had a blast with the car down in Leavenworth last weekend. Had a solid number of calgary folk go down the year which was great. I reccomened it to everyone if you can make it down.

Typical highway 1 construction delay pics.

Im missing some photos of the car due to a mishap with my phone and a pool. But Here is a nice snap by the guys over at HPA. I got lots of footage from the weekend so ill be posting up a video soon.
                  Last edited by Danaldson; 06-20-2019, 10:26 AM.

Comment

I take it back it looks great with black wheels. Maybe I was just pumped to see the car and wheels and was let down that I couldn’t distinguish that they were lm’s. In your comparison between the silver and black I would also choose black. Nice work.

Comment

Looks great Danny!! I might like to see the mirrors in sand but the rest is spot on, I love a light paint and black accent combo.
                      Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I like the silver wheels more but i'm boring and once again the minority. Car is beautiful though Danny!
                        Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                        -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                        -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Looks good, I didn't even know this product existed!

Comment

Looks awesome. I just saw an ad on FB for Superwrap pop up. Glad to hear you had a good experience with it. How long did it take you?
                            I really want to make my summer wheels black, may have to look into this...
                            sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
                            His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
                            Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
                            Past:
                            B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
                            B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
                            2004 .:R32 BMP
                            2001.5 Noggy blue s4
                            2000 VW GTI 1.8T
                            1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

thanks everyone!

Originally posted by asp gti View Post
                              Looks awesome. I just saw an ad on FB for Superwrap pop up. Glad to hear you had a good experience with it. How long did it take you?
                              I really want to make my summer wheels black, may have to look into this...
                              Superwrap takes a lot longer to apply than plasti dip. I ended up doing 2 wheels at a time so it took me extra long as well. Each wheel needs a total of 14 coats with 15 mins in between each coat, plus minimum 12 hours curing time. So plan for 2 days.

Comment

Car looks great Danny, euro AF.
                                I had a good experience with superwrap as well painting my helmet with it. I think you can even polish it if it’s thick enough
                                Current Fleet
                                #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
                                2001 Cobra #88/3786
                                1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
                                2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
                                2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Working...
                                X