Rs4...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rs4...

Im running the same 10mm ecs spacers without issue. Apparently MTM spacers are the best but l'm good so far.
    m
    Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
    -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
    -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Changed the wheels front to back, passenger side then test drive then driver side and test drive. Still the same issue. Next ill take the spacer out and try no front spacer. It is very hard to get the spacer snug on the hub.

Comment

Took it out again, I think it's ok it does vibrate a little bit at 110-115 but that's it. It stills goes straight. Ill wait till next oil change to get it checked out. Maybe ill tell the wife it's the steering wheel so I can get a flat bottom. Haha.

Ginch we need to meet up so I can hear your exhaust.

Comment

Pm sent
          Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
          -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
          -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

I had vibrations when I first got my spacers too. But solved it by simply torqing the wheel in the air. Anyways here's the story.
            I took my car to a tire shop to balance the wheels and let them install the hub centric ebay spacers while they're at it. They torqued the wheel on the ground. But then I drove 110 on deerfoot and the steering vibrated like a Chinese massage chair...
            I thought it was because of the spacers but then I got lots of stuff from ebay and were satisfied with them and never cheaper out on them, this led me to think that the tire guy didn't install it properly. So I took the wheel off and cleaned up the rotors with some polish then torqued the wheels while its off the ground and voila no more vibration.
            Current Fleet
            #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
            2001 Cobra #88/3786
            1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
            2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
            2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Ill try that just for kicks. ( out to the garage). It's weird when I put the wheels on the first time the hubs barely fit this time they fit so much better. And I got the bolts as tight as I could while in the air then finshed on the ground. Stay tuned for a test drive tonight or tommorow.

Comment

That's strange, I have the 10mm ECS spacers too, plus hub centric rings and have absolutely no vibration. Could it be possible that a wheel is slightly damaged? Maybe get a new alignment / balancing done.
                2001 Audi A6 2.7 // 2007 MKV GLI // 2007 MKV GTI // 2004 Audi S4

Comment

Where can I pick up Bosch spark plugs in town. Time for a change 75k km.

Comment

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
                    So I took the wheel off and cleaned up the rotors with some polish
                    Please tell me you didn't literally use a polishing compound or any sort of product on your rotors. You're asking for brake failure.

Comment

Originally posted by danosaur View Post
                      Please tell me you didn't literally use a polishing compound or any sort of product on your rotors. You're asking for brake failure.
                      I don't remember but I'm sure I didn't polish my actual rotors' surfaces..... I think it's just the part where it makes contact with the back of the wheel...

Polisheverything.jpg
                      Last edited by kujiwara; 12-07-2013, 11:52 AM.
                      Current Fleet
                      #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
                      2001 Cobra #88/3786
                      1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
                      2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
                      2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
                        I don't remember but I'm sure I didn't polish my actual rotors' surfaces..... I think it's just the part where it makes contact with the back of the wheel...

Polisheverything.jpg
                        Just making sure, wasn't quite sure from the wording of the post is all.

Comment

Nothing new for the car been running flawlessly for the last year or so. Just typically maintance oil change and spark plugs.
                          I hit 100000km today. have a feeling it might be to small when baby 2 comes in April. Not sure if I'm going to be able to keep it, hopefully but may to get into a wagon of some sort.

I'd love to say I modded it but unfortunately I havnt.

Comment

couple updates
                            winter mode

had to do my front rotors as they were warped

picked up a sub late last year

also i don't have pics right now but i have finally done my door blades and front bumper although i havn't installed my bumper quite yet.
                            my only goal this year is to maintain the car, so i may have to do upper control arms at some point. sitting at 117k km

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                              couple updates
                              winter mode

had to do my front rotors as they were warped

picked up a sub late last year

also i don't have pics right now but i have finally done my door blades and front bumper although i havn't installed my bumper quite yet.
                              my only goal this year is to maintain the car, so i may have to do upper control arms at some point. sitting at 117k km
                              good stuff! you ll love the new rotors. i am really curious to see how the HPS feel lemme know what they are like compared to the stock TRW

Comment

How are you liking the sub? was it easy to intall?
                                ~Stephanie~
                                2015 Tornado Red GTI Autobahn Edition
                                IG: succubusMK7

Comment

Working...
                                X