• Show
Clear All

• Re: Eurodrivers Management.

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
    https://citroenvie.com/join-citroenvie/

You know what I read that blew my mind?

"Canadian residents also have access to borrow specialized Citroën tools"
    Can we do that?
    We could, but we would have to setup somewhere to store the tools, increased membership fees to pay for the tools, fees to rent the tools to help cover costs. Someone would have to keep track of deposits, tools, who has them and for how long they can keep them.
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by flipstah View Post
      I would agree. I realize that our club is called 'Eurodrivers', but it doesn't hurt to have a big show and welcome other makes.

Menace got bigger than us in a short period of time. The flipside is the crowd it attracts, so there's two sides to every coin.
      From an outside observer who doesn't attend many car events... I've driven by the Menace thing... I accelerated away as quickly as possible. Lol.

Just based on the people that frequent the forum here I would say it's a good thing your club is different.

Also agree about trying to attract more than the VW/Audi crowd.
      Last edited by JVD; 10-11-2017, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
        We could, but we would have to setup somewhere to store the tools, increased membership fees to pay for the tools, fees to rent the tools to help cover costs. Someone would have to keep track of deposits, tools, who has them and for how long they can keep them.
        I'd volunteer to help with that, I am in BC though so it would be the section over here. It could be as simple as getting a copy of drivers license, they pay shipping to/back, and taking a deposit for $500 - refundable on return in good condition.

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
          What Colin has covered. When you start lending resources, we have to cover exposure as these depreciate. VAGCOM cable gets dropped and cracks? Whoops.
          Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

I'd volunteer to help with that, I am in BC though so it would be the section over here. It could be as simple as getting a copy of drivers license, they pay shipping to/back, and taking a deposit for $500 - refundable on return in good condition.
            The amount of time required for shipping and sorting out the charges and invoicing/billing for them would be a full time job on its own.

Deposit would have to cover the cost of the tool + $100, it stops people from just keeping the tool and also covers the fact that someone has to go out and replace it.

Vag-com would not be able to be offered as it requires a computer, as well as the expense involved with purchasing the fully unlocked cable that can scan unlimited cars.
            Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
            2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

500$ deposit on a 15 min scan that someone else in the area is typically offers for free makes it pretty pointless.

Plus with all these other scanning tools coming out (OBD11 & etc) It just further limits the need for vagcom uses.
              Last edited by Danaldson; 10-11-2017, 02:52 PM.

Comment

For obvious reasons VagCom is not the best example for the idea, but certain tools, such as triple squares, strut tools, timing belt tools, etc. would be useful, I know I've had to go out and buy them for each model of car, and I've only used them a handful of times.

There are also questions on what is a reasonable deposit and how it would work. How long a rental is, how is the deposit taken, etc...
                I can throw up a simple website that could help manage it and make the requests easier to keep organized. There are templates for this kind of thing out there. I helped build a solution for this exact process for my college (many) years back.

I'm sure there are a lot of difficulties to be figured out, I'm just thinking of added value to the club and saying I can help with getting it going. I'm sure we can find a way to make it work if we want.

Or maybe it's something that we don't want to do and let's put it aside for now.
                Last edited by witchcraftz; 10-11-2017, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Well I am glad the year ended up being a success and that you were all able to pull off a variety of events for 2017. I am sorry to see you step back Danny but you don't have to tell me about life getting in the way as I sit on the other side of the world with about a half dozen projects on the go. I wish you luck in your endeavors and I hope you still spend as much time as you can around here.

I do still wish I could contribute a bit more to ED as well, and anything that I can help with you know I am here! I hope 2018 will be another great year as we move into year 16 of this group and I wish you all the best!! Hopefully 2018 will see me back in YYC for another visit too!
                  Blair
                  Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                    I am sorry to see you step back Danny but you don't have to tell me about life getting in the way as I sit on the other side of the world with about a half dozen projects on the go. I wish you luck in your endeavors and I hope you still spend as much time as you can around here.
                    Appreciate it Blair! Ill still be at every event, but focus will be on my Videography/Photography. Hope to see you back in town next year.

If anyone is interested in getting more involved with ED, i recommend posting up here, or reaching out to Rod/Colin/Scott/Tyler. The help will be needed with a few of us stepping back/moving.

Comment

You photos are always great, good luck with the Pro gig!

Comment

You photos are always great, good luck with the Pro gig!
                        thanks witch! Really looking forward to the new year.

Comment

I am just getting too old for you buggers. I never have a chance to make it out to meets anymore. Most of us have specialized tools that are willing to lend. I think there is a thread for that.
                          Name: Brent
                          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
                            I am just getting too old for you buggers. I never have a chance to make it out to meets anymore. Most of us have specialized tools that are willing to lend. I think there is a thread for that.
                            Too old??? Pfft.
                            --
                            Rod
                            Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                            2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Originally posted by Ur0Drivr View Post
                              Too old??? Pfft.
                              Yup kids and repairing all these old cars takes up all my time lol
                              Name: Brent
                              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

I quit

Comment

Working...
                                X