Kenny's UrS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kenny's UrS4

Got the paint on the hood... pretty happy with the results considering its from a can and I'm not a painter. Wetsanded the hood and the entire car with 2000 grit due to the overspray and dust in the garage. Currently undergoing the compounding...polishing..and waxing phase. Should be done by tomorrow.

2016 VW GTI (Stock)
    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T (Stock)
    1994 Audi UrS4 - BW S257 SX-E built engine on VEMs.
    2001 Audi S4 - K04s, J-Fonz Tuned ( Gone! Dropped valve)

Comment

The exterior detail in 95% done. Lol. Need to do the grille and the wheels. Paint was wetsanded with 2000 grit just enough to remove the overspray and smooth out the service. I then used Meguiars ultimate compound and then Meguiars ultimate polish. Wet sanding was done by hand, polish was done with my drill and a buffer pad. I then waxed the car with some turtle wax from the black box kit they sell.(had it laying around)

Must say I'm pretty happy with the results.

2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

Looks pretty good for a hand garage job, I know mine would not look as good
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Thanks man. It was alot of work but worth it. For me it was all in the details...I'm a little OCD and made sure I make it the best I could with what I had.
          2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

Originally posted by morris400 View Post
            After just over 2 months tuning off and on with the Vems Stand alone ECU, ive decided to sell the VEMs and move on th custom chip tune for the stock ECU. tuning is not my strong point and i just dont have the time to go out for hours at a time tuning it. EFI Express tuning to come.
            What issues where you having with vems, I was thinking about getting one . Was it software or hardware?
            Been driving VAG for longer then allot of the members have been alive

Comment

Everything ran good on vems. It was just the tuning process. I found it really time consuming. If you have the time and patience you will be just fine.
              2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

Great job with the hood! Better than some actual paint jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
                  Great job with the hood! Better than some actual paint jobs.
                  Thanks man, lots of effort went into it. Not perfect but a solid 5ft away look now. #nomoreplasti-dip
                  2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

New fuel injector O Rings installed tonight. DEKA ones were to small and causing a fuel smell from engine bay. The debate now is if I drive the car tomorrow or not lol. I really dont want to get it dirty
                    2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

Cars were meant to be driven

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
                        Cars were meant to be driven
                        Lol...not this one...she came home on the back of AMA today lol. Fueling issue today. Car through a #2 injector code. So ....back to the table again.
                        2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

Finally got the beast sorted. Was not a fuel issue...was a boost leak. Turbo outlet hose separated and I could not physically or visually see it. All sorted now and went for a rip today and she boogies.

Had the guys at Four Star Motors in Edmonton fab up a new turbo outlet pipe.

Old hose was not lining up with the crossover. An inch or so off.

She held 28psi todsy on a quick test rip. I'm happy. She needs 1 more polish and the interior cleaned and shes ready for spring and summer shows.
                          Last edited by morris400; 03-29-2019, 09:03 PM.
                          2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

Project car is never complete...new parts coming mid May, cant wait.
                            2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

New (to me) brakes have arrived. Porsche Boxter Brembo calipers with A8 rotors and 034 brackets. Going to paint them and install over the long weekend hopfully. Should bring the car to a stop now.

2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

3 coats of VHT black gloss. Clear tomorrow and baking tomorrow.

2016 VW GTI (Stock)

Comment

Working...
                                X