15 LOLROAD progression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 LOLROAD progression

After driving the TT everyday for 2 years, I've been wanting to pick up a larger car that i can put to daily use instead. The little TT isn't the most practical thing in the world.

I was originally looking at a new mk7 wagon, 4motion and 6 speed, but the allroad jumped into my mind. Its unfortunate the Allroad never came with a manual, but i still have the TT to drive on the weekends.

I was able to find a clean base 2015 Allroad with 20,000kms on it for a little bit cheaper than mk7 back in August.
    The only option on the allroad is the rear trunk cargo tracks which is nice to have.

First up were a few Vagcom Tweaks
    Seatbelt Chime off
    Convenience window opening
    LED's as DRL
    Lap timer Enabled, because race wagon
    Increase brightness on front LED's from 24/100 to 50/100.
    Orange side marker light disabled.
    Fogs individual as Highbeams.
    I think im missing a few but those are the major ones.

Next up was getting the roof box from the TT over to the Allroad. Found a local set of Whisbar Railbar's for cheap and got them fitted up.. The Clearance is extremely tight between the roof and the feet of the roof box. I love how low profile the rack/box is.

Went on a little Trip with the allroad which turned into a little adventure.

Headed out on vacation to my parents place out in Lake country B.C. On my way out there the main highway was closed due to a fatal accident. After sitting for about an hour i found a hidden forestry road a little ways back that detoured around the accident.

At first it looked like it was going to a super fun drive on dirt/gravel through the forest, but quickly turned into a giant sh*t show.

A bunch of other people found this forestry road as well. including people with trailers -_-

The road quickly got very narrow for 2 way traffic. Some guy with a boat a few cars ahead of me tried to make room for others to go by and managed to make his boat fall of the ledge. Luckily after about 40 mins we managed to save his truck by unhitching and pulling out. The boat was lucky enough to stay hanging on to the side of the cliff as well. He said he would come back another day and have a crane take it out.

The road went on quite narrow for the next hour or so. Making for a hectic and slow drive through the forest. I passed about 6 or 7 more trailers that had fallen into the forest side

Finally the road opened up a little and we got moving again. Unfortunately the accident turned a 6 hour drive into a 12 hour drive. But overall made it a good first adventure for the allroad.

Gave the wagon to Jason as the car was pretty clean, but upon a closer look, the paint needed some love.

Then was brought over to another friends shop where they wrapped the entire front end of the car in 3M Pro Series. Front bumpier, full hood, full mirrors, a pillars, and 18 inch strip on the roof and roof box for full front end protection. This is something ive regretted not doing on all of my previous cars. Check out The Auto Protectors. They did a great job.

Looking real nice!

I also moved the Air ride from the TT over to the Allroad.
    I ordered a few little things off of bagriders. a .75gal seamless tank, some fittings etc. Just to have the little bit of extra capacity. Puts me to a 3.25 Gallon total (3 gallon-.5 gallon for the compressor + .75Gal). Everything was installed neatly under the oem floor which makes the setup extremely quiet.

Exterior Shots throughout the Winter.

I also added a OEM S-line wheel with paddles as the allroad did not come with them. It makes the car a little bit more fun to drive. The new wheel also has the nice perforated nappa leather.

Ill be looking for a set of summer wheels, and maybe add a stage 1 tune on it. But other than that i think that will be it for mods. its a perfect daily driver as it sits. The Fender Flares allow for the car to have larger tires which makes for an extremely comfortable ride.

Oh, ill also be looking to pick up a set of Clear/smoked headlight side markers as it makes the car look a lot nicer. Heres a little shot of it photoshopped.

Re: 15 LOLROAD progression

Looks great! I want that steering wheel in mine...

What is the fog light mod you speak of? On mine, I've done the convenience windows, needle sweep at start (also cause race wagon), and added drive select.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
      Looks great! I want that steering wheel in mine...

What is the fog light mod you speak of? On mine, I've done the convenience windows, needle sweep at start (also cause race wagon), and added drive select.
      oh right i forgot i added the needle sweep.

As Standard the car won't let you control the fog lights while your high beams are on, with this tweak you can. Not really too sure what situation ill need it for though.

My car came standard with drive select. Although i think tat may have just been standard because its a 15?
      Last edited by Danaldson; 02-19-2019, 05:13 PM.

Comment

I love me some slammed wagons. Great work as always Danny
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I've liked the new allroads since I first saw them, those rim match perfectly!

Comment

Love the new allroads, or as I've heard them called before... smallroads. haha

If they put a CR TDI into one with a manual transmission I'd have a daily for life.

Originally posted by Danaldson View Post
            As Standard the car won't let you control the fog lights while your high beams are on, with this tweak you can. Not really too sure what situation ill need it for though.
            Reason it won't let you do so stock -- and why you'll never run into a situation where you need to -- is having the fogs on with high beams actually reduces your forward vision. What happens, essentially, is you get a sort of 'hot spot' right in front of the car which reduces your vision where you need it most. Which is way ahead of you, essentially in the zone where the high beams are focused. This will reduce your ability to see far away oncoming objects until they're basically right upon you because your ability to focus has been diminished.

An analogous situation would be if you were out stargazing and someone went to light a cigarette or pulled up in a vehicle that didn't have the lights totally turned off. Poof. There goes your finely tuned night vision for the next 30-45 minutes.
            Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
            Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
            Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
              I love me some slammed wagons. Great work as always Danny
              thanks blair!

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
              I've liked the new allroads since I first saw them, those rim match perfectly!
              thanks!

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post

Reason it won't let you do so stock -- and why you'll never run into a situation where you need to -- is having the fogs on with high beams actually reduces your forward vision. What happens, essentially, is you get a sort of 'hot spot' right in front of the car which reduces your vision where you need it most. Which is way ahead of you, essentially in the zone where the high beams are focused. This will reduce your ability to see far away oncoming objects until they're basically right upon you because your ability to focus has been diminished.

An analogous situation would be if you were out stargazing and someone went to light a cigarette or pulled up in a vehicle that didn't have the lights totally turned off. Poof. There goes your finely tuned night vision for the next 30-45 minutes.
              ah interesting thanks for the explanation!

Comment

I also stumbled upon a great deal on summer wheels for the wagon. I think these are going to look great. Classy but still with a good amount of danny flair to them.

They are Limited Edition Vossen VLE-1 #369/400 produced. It came with its own little certificate of production and all the centrecaps have the production number on them. They also came with a book on the inspiration behind the design and how they were produced. Oh and it came with a coffee cup too lol. I thought it was kinda cool.

They also are quite light considering how heavy they look. I weighed my 19x8.5 BBS LM's and they came out to 25lbs. I then weighed the 20x10 Vossens and they came out to 31lbs. I thought this was pretty impressive even though they are 20x10 and a very flat faced wheel.

Comment

always liked that wheel, good choice. have seen a few allroads running them and they look great.

Comment

Those will look wonderful!!!
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                      Those will look wonderful!!!
                      Agreed
                      Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                      -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                      -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
                        Agreed
                        +1
                        ~~TODD~~
                        '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

wait, did you say bbs lm?? let's see those, or better yet throw them on another white audi. i know a guy

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                            wait, did you say bbs lm?? let's see those, or better yet throw them on another white audi. i know a guy
                            haha yeah i also picked up set of LM's over the winter. They'll be going on the TT.

[

Comment

Lucky guy. Love those wheels. I’m sure you have a list of people who want them just add me on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X