Thread: Cold Cars!

Default Cold Cars!

Anyone else suffering in this cold?

My Passat's clutch master cylinder blew up when I went to start it yesterday, but I sort of lucked out and got a tow really fast considering the conditions.
    Also, my brother's A4 came up with a "steering deactivated, do not drive car" error mid-trip, which apparently got a little exciting!
    Two of my staff also called in unable to come to work. One had a seal on the oil filter blow out - never heard of that before. The other, just a dead battery...

Oh, I should add - Thanks Colin, for speedy parts finding, and Kwick Towing, for surprisingly fast pickup!
    Last edited by stefan; 01-15-2020 at 09:55 AM.
    Stefan
    -> '14 Dakota Grey A4 Allroad
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI. Malone 1.5, De-chained BSM, 5-speed swap!
    -> Past rides: '06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida

Default Re: Cold Cars!

No worries Stefan!

Keely's R was dead yesterday, had to boost it and move it into the garage to thaw out. The allroad starts like a champ but the front end is definitely sagging overnight, gotta get on the heater core here too.
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad
    2002 VW Passat 1.8t

Funny, my mom's Q5 also had a disabled steering warning the other day, in the cold. Clearly an issue... I've also had my rack replaced. Same rack in all 3 cars, I believe.
    Stefan
    -> Past rides: '06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida

I think my AC failed lol...

Lame! On my old mk4, I had an AC code thrown. They told me that likely the cause was that compressor was working too hard due to cold or frozen up a little. Might have been the case as the code never came back, and AC continued to work once weather warmed up. Here's hoping your issue is similar!
    Stefan

my battery died last monday morning
    ~~TODD~~
    '12 328 touring
    '06 4Runner
    '09 Tiguan
    06' A4 avant
    '09 135i
    '04 S4

My Mustang's (winter beater) battery jihaded itself. tried boosting my car and it started bubbling and leaking acid out of the caps... also for that week my steering was alot heavier... i actually preferred the feeling lol
    Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
    ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
    PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

The AC did eventually come back to life. So it was the cold but I wasn't expecting it to freeze up at -10...

Quote Originally Posted by witchcraftz View Post
    The AC did eventually come back to life. So it was the cold but I wasn't expecting it to freeze up at -10...
    Strange. I'd have to agree. I think it was in the -30 range when it happened to me. Either way, hope it's just a freak incident and it behaves for you now!
    Stefan

Thread Information