X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CGY_GTI
    replied
    Re: S4 Avant (B7) Jacktown

Damn Nick, sounds like quite the project! Can't wait to see it once it's all done though, it's going to look great!

Leave a comment:

• jacktown
    replied

A few things on the agenda for March. Car is going in to Maranello next week for what will likely be a pretty major overhaul in the paint department. The car looks great from 20feet but up close the paint has a lot of chips. I've really grown to enjoy the car over the past few months so I figure it's worth doing this properly. What started as bumpers and a few spot repairs has turned in to almost a complete repaint of the car. Once done it'll get a full polish, seal and front end wrap. Super excited to get this all done and see the results.

Coilovers are getting installed this week so we can test fit the wheels and pull the fenders accordingly before paint. Once it's done I'll be dismantling the wheels so I can get the lips polished up and get the faces painted. Hopefully I can stretch to some 2 piece rotors all around and some ceramic pads to keep the dust down. If I can get all of this finished by mid April I'll be really pleased.

Leave a comment:

• jacktown
    replied

Originally posted by skhan91 View Post
    ahh nice! i was going to pick those up but i guess you beat me to it! haha good find for sure.

also curious: the wheels in the pics, the OEM audi ones, what sidewall tires are those?
    Sorry for the slow reply on this. 245/40/18

Leave a comment:

• Canadian Turbo
    replied

Originally posted by jacktown View Post
    Yes those are the ones. They are much cleaner than I originally gave them credit for. No curbage or serious damage at all. A good clean and a polish and they'll look brand new. For inspiration purposes, this is kind of what I'm leaning towards (NOT MY WHEELS)

This should look amazing on the wagon, I support you 100%!!

Leave a comment:

• skhan91
    replied

no worries! im happy you got em

i am thinking about 20s so might end up not going 19 anyways

Leave a comment:

• jacktown
    replied

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
    Tip on getting the RS4 pedal covers on: Let them sit in a bowl of really hot water for 10 minutes or so, pop the old ones off and place the new ones in position. Then just sit in the seat and use your foot and press the new pedal covers on. Worked like a charm on my old avant!
    Great tip! Thanks Derek

ahh nice! i was going to pick those up but i guess you beat me to it! haha good find for sure.

also curious: the wheels in the pics, the OEM audi ones, what sidewall tires are those?
    Sorry about that! I'm really happy with them. If they don't work out for some reason I'll be sure to let you know. I'll check on those tire sizes for you tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• skhan91
    replied

Yes those are the ones. They are much cleaner than I originally gave them credit for. No curbage or serious damage at all. A good clean and a polish and they'll look brand new. For inspiration purposes, this is kind of what I'm leaning towards (NOT MY WHEELS)

Leaning towards these carbon centre caps:

Cool. Sounds easy.

Shucks. You should introduce yourself here http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/sho...to-Eurodrivers!!
    and come to our January meet detailed here http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/sho...052#post341052

Sounds like a breeze once the lights are open. Would be rude not to.

Thanks to Drew for dropping these off with me today. Great to meet you. Can't wait to get these installed!

Leave a comment:

• GINCH
    replied

Tip on getting the RS4 pedal covers on: Let them sit in a bowl of really hot water for 10 minutes or so, pop the old ones off and place the new ones in position. Then just sit in the seat and use your foot and press the new pedal covers on. Worked like a charm on my old avant!

Leave a comment:

• jacktown
    replied

just curious are those the HREs on kijiji for $2000? those would look awesome! I was definitely considering buying those

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/ca...ationFlag=true

Leaning towards these carbon centre caps:

Originally posted by GingerBeef View Post
    B7 lights are ridiculously easy to pull apart. When i did mine i didnt even use an oven or heatgun. Hair dryer was enough and it just pried the lenses off the housings with my bare hands.
    Cool. Sounds easy.

Originally posted by netscape View Post
    Just when I thought your golf was perfect for you, you just had to come along and get this and prove me wrong...
    Shucks. You should introduce yourself here http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/sho...to-Eurodrivers!!
    and come to our January meet detailed here http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/sho...052#post341052

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
    Not sure if the B7 headlights are the same but you should address the orings while they are apart if that's the case.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...Code-Bi-Xenons
    Sounds like a breeze once the lights are open. Would be rude not to.

Thanks to Drew for dropping these off with me today. Great to meet you. Can't wait to get these installed!

Last edited by jacktown; 12-15-2015, 07:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• netscape
    replied

Just when I thought your golf was perfect for you, you just had to come along and get this and prove me wrong...

Leave a comment:

• GingerBeef
    replied

Originally posted by Danaldson View Post
    Yep thats the one. NicksCarBlog is a great place for a lot of quality diy's. The clear corner mod doesnt look too hard, I'm just afraid of pulling apart expensive headlights. Was a different story on my halogen mk4 lol
    B7 lights are ridiculously easy to pull apart. When i did mine i didnt even use an oven or heatgun. Hair dryer was enough and it just pried the lenses off the housings with my bare hands.

Leave a comment:

• skhan91
    replied

Had the car for just over a week and I'm so happy with it.

Here are some crappy iPhone pics that I've been promising all week.

Some things that I'm thinking about right now.

1. Removing amber markers in the headlights - not sure whether to DIY this or buy some aftermarket ones.
    2. Coilovers. Probably KW V3's
    3. RS6 conversion front grille

I picked up some HRE 441R's on the weekend. I got a smoking hot deal but they need a little love. I chose this wheel because it looks so much like the stock RS4 wheel but in a 3 piece configuration - also because it was available locally for a ridiculously low price. I've already started removing the faces which I'll probably paint some shade of dark grey. Going to clean up and polish the lips and barrels - lots of time for that between now and spring The rears are a little more aggressive than I was hoping so it's possible I'll try and solve that with new lips instead of jamming them on to the car with stretch and pull.

Oh and almost forgot - I picked up the RS4 pedals (including dead pedal) from Drew. Small project for next weekend.
    just curious are those the HREs on kijiji for $2000? those would look awesome! I was definitely considering buying those

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/ca...ationFlag=true
    Last edited by skhan91; 12-14-2015, 03:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Danaldson
    replied

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
    Not sure if the B7 headlights are the same but you should address the orings while they are apart if that's the case.

hmm i haven't heard much about that being an issue on b7's, but definitely could be a good thing to check anyways considering you need to pull the bumper off to remove the headlights. Thanks!
    Last edited by Danaldson; 12-14-2015, 01:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BaggedGLI
    replied

Originally posted by Danaldson View Post
    Yep thats the one. NicksCarBlog is a great place for a lot of quality diy's. The clear corner mod doesnt look too hard, I'm just afraid of pulling apart expensive headlights. Was a different story on my halogen mk4 lol

Leave a comment:

• Danaldson
    replied

Thanks Danny. Just found this which I guess is the mod that you're referring to?: http://nickscarblog.com/diy/b7-audi-clear-corner-mod

Leave a comment:

Working...
X