Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Photos from Photobucket

Hi guys,

I've not updated my posts here for a long time because of Photobucket wanting to charge so much and I want to move over all my photos at once. Has anyone switched over to let's say imgur from photobucket? What's the best way to do so? And is there a host site that allows for copying of multiple image urls over at once?

Jerry
    Current Fleet
    #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
    2001 Cobra #88/3786
    1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
    2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
    2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Re: Moving Photos from Photobucket

Hi Jerry,
    I realize I’m not exactly answering the question but a little tip from me for those who like to host their images locally and are simply trying to solve for posting occasional images on the forum - I use the free Tapatalk app which allows you to upload images as you post on Eurodrivers.

Another thought I have - I think if posting images was easier around here this site might win some adoption back. Many of us have differing technical knowledge and levels of commitment to problem solving, but it would be great to see this site allow for direct image uploads. (I’m sure it’s considered cost prohibitive - but better adoption on the forum could lead to better participation in general)
    Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Originally posted by jacktown View Post
      Hi Jerry,
      I realize I’m not exactly answering the question but a little tip from me for those who like to host their images locally and are simply trying to solve for posting occasional images on the forum - I use the free Tapatalk app which allows you to upload images as you post on Eurodrivers.

Another thought I have - I think if posting images was easier around here this site might win some adoption back. Many of us have differing technical knowledge and levels of commitment to problem solving, but it would be great to see this site allow for direct image uploads. (I’m sure it’s considered cost prohibitive - but better adoption on the forum could lead to better participation in general)
      I agree with hosting on this site, just can't find the time to put it somewhere and then paste it over here these days. I'm in A2OC.net and they have a 1.5mb per photo limit to host on their site and I think it could work well here.
      Current Fleet
      #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
      2001 Cobra #88/3786
      1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
      2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
      2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
        I agree with hosting on this site, just can't find the time to put it somewhere and then paste it over here these days. I'm in A2OC.net and they have a 1.5mb per photo limit to host on their site and I think it could work well here.
        I’m on another forum where they have a similar limit - and rather than getting an error message when you try to upload something bigger, the sites backend simply scales down the image accordingly. Great user experience and I think it’s one of the reasons that particular forum is still very active.
        Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Automatic scale/reduce is the way to go. I have hosted everything I post from my Google drive but it is a little tedious.
          Stefan
          -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
          -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
          -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Well one of the reasons this site is still around is that Bart hosts it and takes care of everything. At least the last I was told but then again that was years ago.
            Name: Brent
            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
            X