New caR, eventually...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New caR, eventually...

Well, ordered a Lapiz, manual R yesterday. Must be some sort of mid life issue... I dunno.

Anyways, we suspect a spring build and summer delivery.

Good times!
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Re: New caR, eventually...

Ohhhhhh that’s going to be a fun replacement
    Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
    Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Yeah..... a baby wagon!

Comment

I expect the Passat will be around for a while. I don't think it would be worth much, and my kids are not that far from driving.

There was some news from VW on new chipsets on the R infotainment, that should be entering production any time now. Goal is to make sure I have the updated version as the damn car is heavy on the tech end (prob more than I would like). I want that system as fast as possible. It seemed to me, when I turned on the R at the dealer, the existing infotainment is firing up a lot slower than what my Alltrack has. Hoping that is resolved.
        Stefan
        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

You keeping the alltrack?? I’m loving mine but I might return to a truck soon when the market cools a little.

Comment

Oh for sure keeping the Alltrack. That's currently what the wife drives, and what we take out of town. Hell, us, the kids, and the dogs all spent the night in it, stuck in Kootenay park a few weeks back. Versatile. Haha. I actually quite like it. Probably more than previous A4 Allroad even...
            Stefan
            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Congrats!!! I look forward to seeing some pics!

I miss the days of ordering and waiting for a new car, it is a special day for me now when I get to go in a taxi
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

MK8 goodness incoming! Awesome buddy!!
                --
                Rod
                Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Yup, I'm excited.

Little geeky but I enjoyed this explanation of the new drive train.

https://youtu.be/2-_Dzd74GUE
                  Stefan
                  -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Delays for sure. Sounds like several US bound R's went down on that ship that sank and now Wolfsburg plant is on a two week shutdown due to supply issues resulting from war in Ukraine. My R is not in production yet.

I really can't complain when a war is holding up my car while I'm on a comfy couch. The car will come when it comes.
                    Stefan
                    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Can't wait to see it buddy! I've already seen a couple in the wild and they do look much better in person than what I first thought!
                      --
                      Rod
                      Ex-presidente

Drive

Drove

Comment

Have only seen one at dealer so far. I have not actually seen one on the road!
                        Stefan
                        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Well it seems most things are delayed these days with all the big issues going on, but I am sure it will be worth the wait.

MK8s are very rare here still, I have never seen an R, maybe just 2 GTIs, Ferraris are more common than that
                          Blair
                          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Still no production date. I'm told it's now going to be a 2023, so anxiously awaiting full 2023 specs, and news on possible special editions.
                            Stefan
                            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
                              Still no production date. I'm told it's now going to be a 2023, so anxiously awaiting full 2023 specs, and news on possible special editions.
                              Damn...I've heard that they could be limited on what electronic options they offer 😬

Hopefully that's not so and they just fix some of the issues that have popped up! Excited for you buddy!!
                              --
                              Rod
                              Ex-presidente

Drive

Drove

Comment

Working...
                              X