• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Golf Alltrack!

New ride ready to go tomorrow!

Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Re: 2019 Golf Alltrack!

Congrats!!! Keeping that wagon love alive!
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I'm terrible remembering names. Who has the "waggin" license plate? Rob maybe? I believe it was you that recommended the Travall brand pet dividers, so I've ordered one of those for this!

Ordered the animated mirror indicator lights too as dealer did a bit of a discount on them.
      Last edited by stefan; 09-23-2020, 07:15 PM.
      Stefan
      -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Great choice Stefan! And yup...WAGGIN is Rob’s
        --
        Rod
        Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
        2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Yup. That's me! I've had the Travall barriers in 3 vehicles now and they've always been great. Congrats on the new ride!
          Rob

2004 VW R32

Comment

As another note, if you want to keep the back area much cleaner, I had something like this in my S4 Avant and it was great too. Just make sure to get the side parts too.

https://www.canvasback.com/index.php...rgo-liner.html
            Rob

2004 VW R32

Comment

Yeah, I was looking at those too. May still do something like that. For the most part, dog walking is close to home and no car needed, but we do lots of trips to BC to visit the fam and the two dogs can fur things up pretty good in that time!
              Stefan
              -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Ha! I was also looking at the canvasback website! Looks like good quality stuff!
                --
                Rod
                Ex-presidente

Drive

Drove

Comment

Congrats on the new ride
                  Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

At home in the garage. All around, I'd say a pretty good experience at Southcentre. This is actually where I got my Passat too. I had also checked 5th Ave, as I've bugged Derek there a ton over the years, and feel like I should buy something there one day... But they did not have any inventory.

One little blemish. Looks like a delamination as there is no surface damage.

Last edited by stefan; 09-25-2020, 09:02 AM.
                    Stefan
                    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Congrats on the new ride!
                      After a while, I'd like to hear about differences between the Allroad and the Alltrack.....

Am I the only one that cannot see pictures in post #1 and post #10?

Comment

Originally posted by syncrovan View Post
                        After a while, I'd like to hear about differences between the Allroad and the Alltrack.....

I couldn't see them in Tapatalk...but they do show up in the normal web browser.
                        --
                        Rod
                        Ex-presidente

Drive

Drove

Comment

Originally posted by syncrovan View Post

You couldn't see another post I had a while back either. I'm embedding image from Google Drive. Tapatalk must not like that.

Something about this guy is making it more exciting that the Allroad. Not sure why. Maybe because it's brand new and almost immediately with the Allroad, I started having issues (warrantied, thankfully). A bit more road noise. Missing Homelink and memory seats, which honestly is silly for an Execline. I can get an OEM Homelink retrofit though, and probably will. Seats are nice and infotainment setup is great. Fender sound system is good, but I think the B&A in the Audi is nicer. The feel of it on the road is great so far, although not pushing it yet while breaking in. DSG transmission is shifting nicer that the 8 speed tip in the Audi at low speed. Less power for sure, but still ok. They don't use the multi link Audi suspension setup in the front on the Alltrack, but with the 4motion, you do get independent rear. I would say the Audi has a little nicer sound coming out of it's 2L. There are a few other niceties that the Audi has as well, but with the top line VW, it covers a lot of stuff. That's it for day 1....
                          Stefan
                          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Actually, I am using Chrome on the desktop and I can see about all other pictures usually but those.

Thanks for the report, this is nice to know. I didn't expect it to be new as it is a 2019, definitely a bonus!

Comment

I 3m'd my Passat and my Audi and I was stoked how good it looked. Buuut, totally botched the Alltrack. Oh well. I'm not too put out. I will probably just get shop to do it now as I've lost a little confidence!
                              Stefan
                              -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
                              X