Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ‘06 Mini JCW - Jacktown

Thanks both.

I had the lips machined on the CNC rig with Joe at Quick Silver. Love the work they did but now hate the faces - too mundane in comparison to the fresh lips so I’ll dismantle them to sand down the faces and produce a brushed aluminum finish. I think that’ll go together much better.

And some carbon fibre bits to go in the interior once the garage warms up again!

This is the set up for one of the door cards.

And these are front facing on the dash. There was an OEM catalogue version of these but people charge a fortune if you can find them, and they haven’t aged well. I prefer these custom ones which were much more economical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Joined to say I love this. Also, if you ever want to offload one of those JCW knobs or the R112’s, please, let me know,

Comment

Hi there and welcome to Eurodrivers. I have a JCW Alcantara gear knob you can purchase for what I paid - I’ll have to go back and check my records but it’ll be ball park $300 +/- I’ve been holding on to it for a future car or trade for other parts but happy to let it go for the right price. PM me if interested.

Keeping the R112s as I love them. I’m going to run them until next season. I have another Mini incoming that currently has R98s so I’ve finally got possession of my 3 favourite wheel sets. I’m just about to start work on the wheel faces of my BBS R90s. They’ll be getting paint stripped and cleaned-up for a brushed-clear over raw aluminum finish.

As a general update. I’ve got the carbon interior bits installed and I’ve been motoring as much as time permits. I check for any supplies we’re short of at home and volunteer to ‘pop to the store’ very often, for a little spin. We have a ton of tooth paste and paper towels piling up in our storage room [emoji847]

Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Looks super fun

Comment

‘06 Mini JCW - Jacktown

I had the chance to pick up a few neat things last year.
            The first was a set of 18” Ronal R95 OEM wheels. Unfortunately they’re a bit heavy! But they look fun and period so I jumped on them.

Shortly after finding them and wrapping them in some nice fresh Toyo Proxes rubber, I had the chance to get a NOS GP body kit - something we never got in Canada and was only available to GP owners with proof of ownership and a vin.

Also snagged this original NLA indoor car cover. Pic mostly to show more detail on the skirts.

And finally, more wheels. I found some freshly refurbed BBS RC in 4x100 that are perfect fitment and are saving me around 8lbs per corner over the R95s.

Some more updates I’m making in 2022 including a new shifter, some carbon bits and pieces and a new stereo. Looking forward to some summer weather!

Last edited by jacktown; 02-20-2022, 07:44 PM.
            Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Looks really good Nick.
              Rob

2004 VW R32

Comment

Those Ronals look great!

Comment

Still loving this project, so many amazing upgrades!!
                  Blair
                  Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

The body kit with the Ronals look fantastic buddy!
                    --
                    Rod
                    Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                    2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Man this thing's looking good.
                      Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                      2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Very VERY good!
                        Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                        Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Working...
                        X