Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ‘06 Mini JCW - Jacktown

Thanks guys!
    Keep your eyes peeled on those classifieds Jason (if you have any room in your stable) Clean R53s keep popping up. Not many JCW’s but still brilliant bases for some fun. Would love to see what you’d do to one!

Fun fact I just found out. These OEM R112 wheels were actually made by Borbet. It’s hard to beleive Mini had Borbet, Ronal and BBS all making OEM wheels options for the car - massive kudos to them. The R98 and R90 were even available in multiple colours.

Borbet Challenge R112 wheels on an R56

BBS R90 wheels on an R53 Cooper S

Ronal R98 wheels on an R53 Cooper S

My R53 JCW with R56 brakes and Borbet R112 Challenge wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

By henniger Toyota there is a used car dealer I think it’s excel, anyway they always have 10-20 mini’s there. Always some jcw.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
        By henniger Toyota there is a used car dealer I think it’s excel, anyway they always have 10-20 mini’s there. Always some jcw.
        Yeah that place loves their Minis. I’ve never seen anything older than a very late R56 though. Mostly 2015+ My interest dwindles after ‘06.
        Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Nice progress nick! Love the wallpaper too :P

Comment

‘06 Mini JCW - Jacktown

Originally posted by Danaldson View Post
            Nice progress nick! Love the wallpaper too :P
            Haha. Thanks buddy. I’ll be making this garage look a little nicer over winter.

I’ve found a couple of great pick-ups for the Mini recently. The first are OEM 2 piece BBS 17” R90 wheels. They popped up for sale in Vancouver last week after I’ve been looking for them since earlier this year. They’re in great condition and just need a good clean. I’ll also sand down the clear and polish the lip so it’s a bit of a companion for the BBS Style 5’s on the Coupe. Bought them off a great guy who actually stripped the old tires, packed them on a pallet and shipped them to Calgary on one of his work trucks for me. Very inexpensive considering what they are so I’m absolutely delighted with them.

The other is a pair of OEM European JCW Sparcos in cloth. As usual, this was forbidden fruit for us in North America. The cloth configuration are the rarest of all. I found these on a UK Mini Facebook group back in the summer. I bought them on the spot and managed to get them picked up by my nephew. He made sure they were paletized on a certified wooden pallet for commercial shipping. I then had a friend here in Canada who arranges commercial cargo have them picked up and shipped by Ocean. It was quite the headache to do it and I never had any idea how much of a pain it would be to figure it all out but now that they’re here I’m happy. On Thursday morning i’m dropping the ripped one off for replacement bolster fabric and then I’ll give them a good steam clean before installing in the car. I found some airbag resistors too as these don’t have airbags in them.

Last edited by jacktown; 11-24-2020, 03:47 PM.
            Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Lovely Job, I currently bought an Acura RSX but subsequently blew it up on my drive home lol, so im looking to fix that, but theres a cooper s near me for 5k and im tempted.... my wifw will kill me tho,

btw are you welsh? the license plate is telling me maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Feens View Post
                Lovely Job, I currently bought an Acura RSX but subsequently blew it up on my drive home lol, so im looking to fix that, but theres a cooper s near me for 5k and im tempted.... my wifw will kill me tho,

btw are you welsh? the license plate is telling me maybe
                Drat! Sorry to hear about the date of the RSX. Too tip! Buy the Mini and tell her you’re storing it for a friend. (I’m storing quite a few cars for friends at home

Yes I’m from Swansea. You?
                Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

‘06 Mini JCW - Jacktown

I’ve had some new logos embroidered for the seats because the ones on them are really worn out, as can be seen here.

Try as I might, it’s impossible to find the matching rear seats which have much more bolstering than my standard seats. I’m going to get them mocked up with custom foam, upholstery and the new badges to look like these leather versions from the British brochure (but in black cloth) I cannot find reference anywhere on the internet to a black cloth version of these rear seats making me think they might never have made one. (Both the fronts and rears were optional as separate items - the rears were not automatically included because they didn’t have Isofix anchors)

It’s all pretty subtle and no one will sit back there, but I won’t be able to sleep if I can’t get it right

I’m working with James at Trim Pro to get the repairs and alterations made.
                  Last edited by jacktown; 12-04-2020, 11:37 PM.
                  Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

‘06 Mini JCW - Jacktown

They did a really nice job on the front seats. Replaced some foam, fabric, logos and added seat heaters.

And I tracked down a JCW carbon EBrake finally but it came as a set with a gear knob which I already have so I’ll be looking to offload one. Good thing is these come with the original Alcantara boots which are still jn really nice shape.

Last edited by jacktown; 12-11-2020, 12:07 AM.
                    Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

That all looks wicked nick!

Comment

Originally posted by Danaldson View Post
                        That all looks wicked nick!
                        Thanks Danny. Can’t get enough hatchback.

Update on the interior. These are the custom rear seats based on the front Sparcos. Hard to believe these are made from those original 2 tone cloth seats above. I’m really happy with how they’ve turned out.

Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Some nice work there, this thing is really shaping up to be quite a nicely put together MINI.
                          Blair
                          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I’ve made some progress on the Mini with all this fine January weather we’ve been having.
                            -Changed out the rear rotors for larger drilled/slotted ones
                            - repainted the hood scoop to a better standard than I’d done in the original pass
                            - wired and fitted New old stock OEM rally lights to the front grill
                            - Fitted front Sparcos and the rear custom seats, with heat
                            - blended a spoiler extension with the OEM spoiler, and repainted.
                            - swapped out some badges for new old stock
                            - removed a bunch of wiring / hardware related to aftermarket items fitted through the years (underglow/remote start / NAV)

The spoiler was done by Roberto at Compact tuning Lab

Next up is sanding down the lips on these 2 piece OEM BBS wheels, before polishing to a mirror finish.

Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Looks fabulous!!!
                              Blair
                              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Really nice. Looking really good!
                                Stefan
                                -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                                -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                                -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                                -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
                                X