Looking For Help Buying a Toy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For Help Buying a Toy!

Hello anyone who still hangs out here occasionally, I am looking for your assistance to help me add a most desired toy to my collection.

This involves entering a lottery for the right to purchase a fairly expensive toy, so if anyone is willing to enter, your help would be greatly appreciated, I am just trying to improve my chances of success with numerous entries.

You just need to fill out the entry and if you are selected for purchase I of course will cover all associated costs, including the toy, shipping and any potential import taxes. I still have family in Calgary so it would not be required to be reshipped to Hong Kong, and I can pass on a helpers fee as well. I have no issue taking multiple pieces if there was more than one successful entry too.

http://www.medicomtoy.tv/blog/?p=59798

As toys have sort of become my life since I stopped driving () I am also involved in this as work too and if any of you are a bit older you may remember a fairly popular toy from the 80s called Boglins, originally made by Mattel. Well I have been working with a few people to get them going again and we have a Kickstarter going to jump start the sales and it was fully funded in the first few hours and our production is already underway, but please have a look if you are at all interested.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...rld-domination

Thanks for looking and Happy Halloween!
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Looking For Help Buying a Toy!

I didn't think I knew what Boglins were, but for sure I remember now that I see what they are!

I put my name in lottery.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

As a fellow collectibles enthusiast, I fully support your cause! Best of luck my friend

Also - I appreciate how they’re doing this as a lottery rather than the usual bot ridden random time drop which is so frustrating. Cool looking toy by the way.

The Boglins are neat. It reminds me of Madballs. I was part of a project to bring those back 5 years ago but the license turned to **** and we had to rebrand the project to Mondoids. I wish you the best of luck with the kick-starter.
      Last edited by jacktown; 10-31-2020, 12:34 PM.
      Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Thanks for the help Stefan, and yes if you are a certain age I think Boglins are pretty memorable.

Nick, normally these lotteries are Japan only so we are left paying reseller prices, so very nice to have a chance, but who knows how good of a chance it will be. There have been some new Madball items recently, even some Madball Bearbricks (what the lottery is for) so sucks the license issues came up. The Boglins have the original creator involved so the license is secure and we are starting the tooling on the first 3 versions so it is going ahead now, just a matter of time and money

Thanks again for the help!
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Done buddy!
          --
          Rod
          Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
          2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Originally posted by Ur0Drivr View Post
            Done buddy!
            Thanks Rod!
            Blair

Comment

Entered!
              Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Thanks everyone! Notifications are supposed to be sent out by the 17th.
                Blair

Comment

I think all notifications have been sent out, so double check everyone, but not looking like I have had any luck

Thanks again for the help!
                  Blair

Comment

Double checked, nadda.
                    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Well it is that time again, the next version of this toy is up for lottery once again, so if anyone is willing to help please give it a go. Same as before I am fine to cover all costs and reward anyone successfully helping out, and I can have the piece sent to my parents in Calgary afterwards.

Emails will be sent out in about 3 weeks time, here is the link http://www.medicomtoy.tv/blog/?p=64515

Thanks again in advance and let me know if you have any questions.
                      Blair

Comment

Done.
                        Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                        2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Done

Comment

Thank you!!!
                            Blair

Comment

Sure, I'll sign up
                              Stefan
                              -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                              -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                              -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                              -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
                              X