Audi TDI 'Fix' for NA TDi issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi TDI 'Fix' for NA TDi issues

Hmm.. so just before Christmas I guess the Canadian side finally settled so looks like there is a cash payment to people (not sure how much yet) and a fix for Gen2 vehicles (my q7) which includes what I found online a ECU flash, glow plug, and maybe a whole new exhaust setup!

a few folks who have the fix said their vehicles are working the same but a few had issues.

anyone else have info?

Re: Audi TDI 'Fix' for NA TDi issues

No idea on the Audi fix, but if it's similar to my Golf then the first part is a software fix, and the second is the physical modifications, which take place in Spring 2018.

Comment

why would you do this fix? skip it and thank VAG for the cheat
      2002 VW Golf GT TDI
      2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

The only way I would do the fix would be a very long and strong warrantee
        Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
        Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Originally posted by bart View Post
          why would you do this fix? skip it and thank VAG for the cheat
          X2 on this. Enjoy your car how it is and enjoy the cash payout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Danaldson View Post
            X2 on this. Enjoy your car how it is and enjoy the cash payout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            You don't get the cash payout until the car is fixed.
            Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
            2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
              You don't get the cash payout until the car is fixed.
              then pop over to a tuner with the cash after the fix and enjoy the car even more.

Comment

Originally posted by Danaldson View Post
                then pop over to a tuner with the cash after the fix and enjoy the car even more.
                Then you need to remove the hard parts that they just installed as those will affect economy and reliability.
                Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

yes on the cash payout.. the value isn't there yet so I'll wait and see but the fix is going to probably be mandatory in southern Ontario as we have to do emissions tests although thats a joke anyways.

I'll probably do the fix in the summer as long as no bugs and performance stays the same then perhaps APR update it afterwards.

Comment

I have the software fix only right now and I can say the only difference I've noticed is a noticeable increase in AdBlue consumption.

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...iesels-feature
                    Last edited by witchcraftz; 01-04-2018, 11:48 AM.

Comment

yea mine is the 3.0 motor .. the fix I've seen as stated above is quite a lot of things to replace and they say you get free ad blue top ups for like 4 years

I have all my services for free up to like 160k right now too..

Comment

The warranty on the exhaust system is increased for an extra 60k km or 5 years from date of installation.
                        Not bad considering these DPF systems are about $4-5k for repair.

Comment

I know you can get a cash pay out and leave it as is for me anyway. With my golf tdi, I had 3 options, Buy back, Fix and cash payment, or leave as is and small cash payment. I took the buy back obviously.

Comment

yea not for my motor and car.. I get a cash payout that is TBD but the fix is there. I got the recall letter last week in the mail so I'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by madramzi24 View Post
                              I know you can get a cash pay out and leave it as is for me anyway. With my golf tdi, I had 3 options, Buy back, Fix and cash payment, or leave as is and small cash payment. I took the buy back obviously.
                              There is no option to "keep as is" and get a payment that I can find, here are the options straight from VW's settlement website:

If you purchased your vehicle on or before September 18, 2015 and are the current owner, you may be eligible to choose:

A - Buyback OR Trade-In of your vehicle AND Cash Payment,
                              B - Approved Emissions Modification. Keep your vehicle AND receive an extended emissions warranty AND Cash Payment. This option is only available if a modification is approved by regulators.

If you purchased your vehicle after September 18, 2015 and are the current owner, you may be eligible to choose:
                              A - Approved Emissions Modification. Keep your vehicle AND receive an extended emissions warranty AND Cash Payment.

I assume you could not do the emissions modification at all but they also won't give you any payment then.
                              Last edited by witchcraftz; 01-11-2018, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X