Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Golf Alltrack!

Originally posted by syncrovan View Post
    Actually, I am using Chrome on the desktop and I can see about all other pictures usually but those.

Thanks for the report, this is nice to know. I didn't expect it to be new as it is a 2019, definitely a bonus!
    I read a car article saying VW Canada stocked up on 2019's to sell in 2020 as there are no 2020 Alltracks... So there are several new 2019s around.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

I think I may actually get a shop to do full hood and a pillars on this one. There is one really tiny chip in paint, and I can see I'll want to cover the black more than other colours!

Any thoughts on full hood 3m? I've never done it.
      Stefan
      -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Dynamic mirror indicators added! They are lightly smoked too.

Before:

After:

OEM kit 5Q0-052-215-A

Slathered on some Leatherique too. Make sure the leather lasts!
        Last edited by stefan; 09-26-2020, 06:20 PM.
        Stefan
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

I got my Trav-all pet divider. It will be great. There was actually a little flaw in the fitment but it was easy to remedy.

The issue was with the hooks that attach to the cargo rings. You can see here that the tip of the hook was putting the stress on the plastic, as opposed to the arch of the hook pulling on the cargo ring. This was causing it to pop the trim out as I tightened. Although I did mention it to Trav-all support, the easiest fix was just to dremel off a millimetre or two and now its perfect.

Last edited by stefan; 09-28-2020, 01:00 PM.
          Stefan
          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Very cool. Looks great. Does it rattle at all when your driving? Hoping it sounds as sturdy as it looks.
            Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Originally posted by jacktown View Post
              Very cool. Looks great. Does it rattle at all when your driving? Hoping it sounds as sturdy as it looks.
              No, it sits in there quite nice. No movement at all!
              Stefan
              -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Well, I got some Continental VikingContact 7's ordered from Urban, and Shadow Shield will wrap the front tomorrow. Asked around a little for the Homelink integrated rear-view mirror too, but it seems to not be available from Canada. I saw German OEM in Ontario has them on their site, but no response on phone or email, so I'll get that guy ordered out of the US.

I think I'll add the rear fog light too. I'm just going to check out what I can get the euro switch for. Seems like they are about 25$ from a euro auto wrecker. There is a harness and a modification or replacement of the inner rear left tail lamp too. So I'll have to see what it all costs in the end before I order stuff.
                Stefan
                -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

I ordered my Homelink Mirror that I had in my Golf R from DAP

Not sure if this helps: https://www.shopdap.com/blog/post/ho...ion-guide.html
                  Graeme

2015 S4
                  2018 Monster 1200S

Comment

Originally posted by Triple G View Post
                    I ordered my Homelink Mirror that I had in my Golf R from DAP

Not sure if this helps: https://www.shopdap.com/blog/post/ho...ion-guide.html
                    Yup, that's where I just ordered it. Haha

Also, didn't know folding mirrors could be added....
                    Last edited by stefan; 09-29-2020, 03:21 PM.
                    Stefan
                    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Film wrap all done. Thanks Shadow Shield. Full front clip with A-pillars. The grey bits have matte film.

Also have the winters ready to go!
                      Stefan
                      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
                        Also, didn't know folding mirrors could be added....
                        It's actually a fairly easy swap - I did it on my R and it was a 2-2.5 hour job. The hardest part is fishing the wiring harness through the door, but I was just using string to do this since I didn't have a snake, so I kept getting hung up on things inside the door.
                        Scott
                        '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
                        '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

I got a 19 alltrack early this year, love the size and space for the family, compared to my golf r. Just wish it had some ponies.
                          Any remote start options???

Comment

Good to know mirror is not too hard. I think I will do it, but down the road.

Looks like it would respond nice to ECU tuning - Near 40hp, but stupid warranty... haha. I'm not going to do remote start. It lives in a heated garage.
                            Stefan
                            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Added a ceramic coat yesterday. Hopefully I can keep up this shine

Stefan
                              -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

So when I popped off one of the side mirrors to add the dynamic turn signals, 3 of the clips on the mirror snapped! I was surprised on a new car on a warm day. Usually the plastic has some give. Result was a shaky mirror, and me thinking I was shelling out for a new one.
                                The mirror backing is ABS plastic, which is sort of a bugger to bond anything too. I fussed with some glues, with no luck. Nothing could give the tabs enough strength to re-clip without breaking again.
                                Then my girls jump in "Hey, doesn't our 3Doodler use ABS"

Why yes it does.... It melts ABS at just the right temperature, and uses ABS for 3D printing. It bonded instantly! Not pretty, but really, who cares... it is behind the mirror.

Tabs are reinforced and snapped back on to the car no prob. I was prying on them and they were as strong as the unbroken ones. hahah.

Stefan
                                -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
                                X