• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Soundkator - Fake engine sound

Originally posted by stefan View Post
    Sounds reasonable to me!
    LMAO...Is there a TDI model??????
    Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
    Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Originally posted by Jester B View Post
      Soooo, can you put the module from an M5 in a GTI and have an instant "upgrade"?
      lol

Funny thing is the part is an Audi part, so I wonder which Audi cars have/will have this new $300 rattle box. Just watch you can swap an R8 Soundkator system and have R8 cabin noise hahah.

For those who are too lazy to read updates in that thread but curious as to how the rattle box works, here are some pics someone posted **PS - is there a way to get [bimg][/bimg] working on here?**:

MK5 .:R32 - Aston

Comment

Quick update on this.

Oddly enough, even though I drive a R32 that has drone here and there going up hills I never get queasy or get headaches from it, but sitting in my brother's GTI I always complain that something is making me feel like ****. I would try to figure out what the cause was (driving, air freshener, tire noise, etc) and it wouldn't solve anything.

After following the Soundaktor thread on GolfMk6 and reading the astounding noise difference I had a strong feeling that the cause for my queasiness was that stupid box. I finally convinced my brother to read the 36 pages in that thread and helped him uninstall it last night and holy eff...

The difference is massive. The cabin is quiet, no low frequency rumble (which was making me feel like ****), you can finally hear the turbo/intake/engine, and also got rid of some rattling here and there.

If I owned a 2011+ GTI, GLI, Beetle and Golf R, the first mod I would do is to remove the pos soundaktor.

Seriously, for those who have it, you have to try it out. You don't even have to remove anything if you decide you like the artificial noise. All you have to do is unplug it and tape down the plugs - no errors or anything. Take it out for a spin and your jaw will drop.

You'd think my brother would be pissed that his car doesn't sound as "sporty" but he actually cannot be happier as now he can hear real noise from under the hood. The low rumble from the soundaktor was also affecting him and his gf from time to time too once I brought it up to their attention. So this was a huge plus for him and now he is looking forward to getting an intake to hear the "whoosh" haha.
        Last edited by Kg810; 04-24-2012, 09:58 AM.
        MK5 .:R32 - Aston

Comment

I'm definitely going to have to do this soon. If it helps my GTI sound like my GLI did, I'll be very happy haha.
          Scott
          '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
          '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Has anyone brought up the fact that this stupid thing can mask engine noise that maybe starting to fail? I would rather learn how my engine sounds so that when I hear something is sounding off that there is a problem. This soundcraptor would hide all those sounds and since it couples the vibration right into the chassis I bet it is going to cause all types of wiring problems in the future.
            Name: Brent
            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
              Has anyone brought up the fact that this stupid thing can mask engine noise that maybe starting to fail? I would rather learn how my engine sounds so that when I hear something is sounding off that there is a problem. This soundcraptor would hide all those sounds and since it couples the vibration right into the chassis I bet it is going to cause all types of wiring problems in the future.
              sounds more like a solution than a problem
              Stefan
              -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
              -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
              -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
              -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
              X