EXO Gtechiq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXO Gtechiq

I'm sure a few of you saw this video on instagram but thought I would post a quick video regardless. I had Jed from Mobile Reflections come and polish the 993 this summer. He mentioned that he had a new product similar to opti-coat but it had better water resistance properties. Figured I'd give it a shot......

The beauty for me is that unfortunately I wash my cars too much. I also always dry the car off after a wash with a microfiber towel. Unfortunately on a black car I'm doing more harm than good. With this application I can wash the car, drive it down the road and the car basically looks perfect.

Next time you have Jed polish you car ask him about this product!

Derek
    Last edited by GINCH; 11-08-2013, 09:37 PM.
    Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
    -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
    -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Re: EXO Gtechiq

Thanks Derek, I will for sure!
    -Mike

Comment

That looks like it's worth a look for sure!
      Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
      Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
      Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

lol, i thought everyone on eurodrivers mocked instagram? now you're all on it?

also, nice Derek.
        you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

Coooool. Thanks for sharing!

I've got a bottle (vial) that I have yet to try out. Last time I polished I didn't get the correction I was looking for and didn't want to seal in the scratches. Lol. Dying to try it out now.

Comment

ya all the fuss on vortex lol how long does it last?

Last edited by bart; 11-09-2013, 11:28 AM.
            2002 VW Golf GT TDI
            2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Looks like an amazing product Derek, rough cost to have it done to a car?
              Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
              Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Around $200 ish!
                Derek

-1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Derek, do you have his contact info, I'm wanting to get both our cars done.
                  Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                  Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

His email is Jed@mobilereflections.ca
                    Rob

2004 VW R32

Comment

Thanks Rob!
                      Derek

-1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                      -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

I'm going to need to call this Jed fellow in the spring to work on my Volvo. Too many hard water stains for my liking.
                        Daily: 2015 VW Jetta Trendline + (his) 2018 VW Tiguan Comfortline (hers) 2011 Volvo C30 R-Design: Orange Flame Metallic, Polestar, Milltek non-resonated exhaust, Various OEM+ accessories

Toy: 1992 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible: Talladega Red, 16in Aero wheels, 5MT.

Comment

If you want an appointment in the spring I would call sooner than later to ensure you are not waiting till summer
                          Blair
                          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Hey Derek how does this EXO compare to opti coat? I'm booked in with Jed on the 14th for a protection package on my new 14 S4...he's on holidays so I don't want to hassle him with questions till he's back
                            -Mike

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
                              I'm sure a few of you saw this video on instagram but thought I would post a quick video regardless. I had Jed from Mobile Reflections come and polish the 993 this summer. He mentioned that he had a new product similar to opti-coat but it had better water resistance properties. Figured I'd give it a shot......

The beauty for me is that unfortunately I wash my cars too much. I also always dry the car off after a wash with a microfiber towel. Unfortunately on a black car I'm doing more harm than good. With this application I can wash the car, drive it down the road and the car basically looks perfect.

Next time you have Jed polish you car ask him about this product!

Derek
                              Hey Derek, I think you had just had this done when I saw you gus in Marda loop at the end of the summer. It looked amazing.
                              Yes - microfibre is the devil for your paint. You want to make sure your using terry cloth towels which will leave no swirls at all as long as you use the right action. I dry my at off once or twice a week in the summer and I have almost no swirlys.
                              Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Working...
                              X