Final time, MK4 Airbags/steeringhweel/headlights/muffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final time, MK4 Airbags/steeringhweel/headlights/muffler

OK so before i go throw stuff in storage ill update this list....all prices are obo

GPS (cant think of the brand off the top of my head guessing 3" screen) $80

passenger airbag $250obo

OEM Headlights $75obo ***SOLD

OEM Muffler $40obo *** SOLD

Wolfsburg steering wheel $100obo ***sale pending $220 for wheel and airbag 24 hours to beat price

Driver side airbag $200obo

5 Speed Shift Knob, mint $30obo

Cubby hole for single din $15 ****SOLD

Kenwood KDC-MP332 Deck $50

Original OEM Airbox-$40

Beltronics 995 radar detector $250
    (Missing cord, can be purchased on ebay for $4)

Hoos deflector for jetta ***sale pending $10 24 hours to beat price

Thanks again
    Last edited by tm.88; 03-12-2008, 08:00 PM. Reason: ADDING MORE ITEMS
    Travis Munroe
    Discover Real Estate

Re: Final time, MK4 Airbags/steeringhweel/headlights/muffler

Do you have any seats?

Comment

Someone's doing some modding..

Comment

no i already did the modding, straight pipe exhaust/res delete/momo 280 mm wheel, might be to small lol/ led license plate lights+interior lights/ ps2 in glovebox/7"dvd in dash/momo shift knob/kamei grill/ebay halo headlights (probs least worst on ebay ahha)/ painted red towhook and callipers.

leaving me with oem parts i needa get rid of as i want to chip/drop/rims for the spring only problem is its my only car and im almost licensed to be a realtor.....i dont know what clients will think when i pick them up in such a car.....................................anyways back on topic...only what is listed is for sale!!!
        Travis Munroe
        Discover Real Estate

Comment

Look at the bright side, atleast they can play PS2 while you are drivin them around lol
          -Drew
          2001 "BORA" GLS 1.8T
          1990 Lincoln Continental

Comment

Rob I have some seats, what do you need?
            Did you inform your insurance company that you removed the airbags? Last I heard you can get in serious trouble for removing safety related items.
            Name: Brent
            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

pm'd

Comment

PM'd about the headlights

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
                  Rob I have some seats, what do you need?
                  Did you inform your insurance company that you removed the airbags? Last I heard you can get in serious trouble for removing safety related items.
                  I'm sure they are not out of his car as no one would post such a thing on the interwebs....

Comment

exactly haha....come to think of it is it legit (pretending it is m car) is it legit to remove and tell insurance company how would they go about fu***n me over?? if i got into a accident and the werent in could the say screw me or what?
                    Travis Munroe
                    Discover Real Estate

Comment

Umm hell yes tthey could screw you. Say you where in an accident and your broke your neck hitting the steering wheel. They would just say that your car was originally equipped with a safety devise that would have prevented such injury and not cover you at all. They are going to use every reason to not pay you in case of an accident, removing a life saving devise like an airbag is just painting a huge target on your back for them to hit.
                      Name: Brent
                      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
                        Umm hell yes tthey could screw you. Say you where in an accident and your broke your neck hitting the steering wheel. They would just say that your car was originally equipped with a safety devise that would have prevented such injury and not cover you at all. They are going to use every reason to not pay you in case of an accident, removing a life saving devise like an airbag is just painting a huge target on your back for them to hit.

don't do it..
                        if you sell used airbags and something happens you are totally screwed if they don't blow off.
                        keep them or blow them up.
                        i will not sell any safety devices that are used!!!!
                        we are becoming like the U.S.A sue for everything.

Comment

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-3280.html

Comment

u shot urself in ur foot pal, must not of felt like reading it....

after reading all the posts regarding the concerns about taking out your airbag and stock wheel for an aftermarket steering wheel, i decided to look into it since i took mine out over a year ago...
                            my insurance company (state farm) said that they have no problems with this (you may want to call your own insurance agent to be sure). they told me to call the registry to see if they have any concerns. so i did and they said that they also have no objections. this could vary from province to province but as for alberta, its all good.
                            you may want to take a look at your personal situation though - for example, i'm a little filipino, so firstly i am pretty close to the wheel, and secondly, i can hardly see over the stock wheel - so i find the aftermarket better for me.
                            of course, there are negatives and positives involved. but in terms of legality, looks all clear!
                            Travis Munroe
                            Discover Real Estate

Comment

First off your quote belongs in quotation marks unless you were posting about this on beyond under the name 'dsolgirl'.

Secondly, I did take the time to read through it and it would appear that it is an insurance thing and if you continued to read past what you were looking for you would see that according to some of the posters most insurance companies do not give a straight up answer.

Frankly I would imagine that it is no different then taking your seat-belts out and not replacing them.

If we are taking some random people's advice from beyond you may want to read this too

"I forgot to mention that on all cars equipped with airbags, the seat belts are designed to work in conjunction with the airbag. Instead of keeping you tight in your seat, those seat belts will let you slowly hit the airbag. So, if the airbag is removed, the seat belts will not provide adequate protection by themselves and usually needs to be replaced.

MH"

Best of luck.
                              Last edited by nordex; 02-25-2008, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X