Skid plate slightly used needs 3 nut inserts for the rear
    170.00.(Firm)
    Paul
    shoot a pm.

Re: FS.Evo Skid plate

what Mark is this for?

Comment

Don't these sell for around that price new?
      2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver
      Malone Tune stage 5+ ,VNT17-22Turbo, OMI, PP Race Pipe, PD 150 Intake, 2 1/2" Straight back exhaust, no mufflers, 2 1/2" downpipe straight no Cat, Race 520 Injectors, 11mm Fuel Pump, Lift Pump, EGR Delete mod,DC Stage IV Clutch, Michelin X-Ice 2's, 26 lb/s of boost alll day long, Smoking like a train!

Comment

naw the mark 4 plate is 350 from c1 or 275 + shipping from evo

Comment

oh....I guess this is an evo skid plate. I just know the panzer skid plates and other brands sell for around $200. Maybe this one is worth the more money though.
          2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver
          Malone Tune stage 5+ ,VNT17-22Turbo, OMI, PP Race Pipe, PD 150 Intake, 2 1/2" Straight back exhaust, no mufflers, 2 1/2" downpipe straight no Cat, Race 520 Injectors, 11mm Fuel Pump, Lift Pump, EGR Delete mod,DC Stage IV Clutch, Michelin X-Ice 2's, 26 lb/s of boost alll day long, Smoking like a train!

Comment

MKIV Skid Plate with oil cut out?

Music to permeate your soul …
            Jayson
            MKIV Jetta GLS VR6 -PARTING OUT-

What's Next?

Comment

Originally posted by dJ View Post
              oh....I guess this is an evo skid plate. I just know the panzer skid plates and other brands sell for around $200. Maybe this one is worth the more money though.
              actually (at least for the mark 4) the panzer by deisel geek is the same price ($275 US) only thing is deiselgeek is out of Texas I believe where as Evolution is out of Vancouver so you don't get killed on the customs charges.

The evolution skid plates are of excellent quality, and even the mounting hardware is top notch. I've noticed a lot of the cheaper brands are made of steel which is a lot heavier and not as good at dissipating heat and/or have really cheap mounting stuff like square mounting posts which will cause certain impact angles to put a lot of stress on the threads where as the evo comes with nice round mounting posts so there is no preferred stress direction on the posts.
              Last edited by J-hop; 02-09-2009, 06:38 PM.

Comment

I've been doing my research as well, but wasn't aware that Evolution was Canadian.

Jayson

What's Next?

Comment

Originally posted by MusicalGenius View Post
                  MKIV Skid Plate with oil cut out?
                  still waiting on him to reply on which mark its for, im going to kick myself if it is a mark 4 plate because I just bought one for full price a few weeks ago :P

Comment

Ouch! And see I'm dying to get one … With the melting ice in my neighbourhood, the ruts are damn deep and so I've been skirting the pavement thus far.

Jayson

What's Next?

Comment

Originally posted by MusicalGenius View Post
                      I've been doing my research as well, but wasn't aware that Evolution was Canadian.
                      yea i thought that was pretty neat that they were canadian, they mainly focus on skid plates so their inventory is pretty limited but its nice to not have to get everything shipped from the US.

If you are looking into this plate I would consider buying it from C1, I just did a check out on the evolution site and it was $314 US shipped, where as Concept 1 sells it for $349 canadian, about the same price in the end but C1 stocks them so you wouldn't have to wait for it to be shipped.

Comment

Either that or visit George, he sells them too. Plus if I'm real nice I might be able to ask him to use a hoist for an hour.

Jayson

What's Next?

Comment

pm'd
                          12 Volvo XC 90
                          03 Jetta1.8T
                          95 Cabrio VRT
                          90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

Yeah so, I screwed up the manufactor name but here's one for $179, but it is in the U.S
                            http://www.defender-tech.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=3

Not to hi-jack the thread, just if anyone else was interested. Free bump.
                            2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver

Comment

Wrong on the US Part as well for that other plate

http://www.defender-tech.com/aboutus.asp

Look at the Phone number!
                              Ben
                              2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
                              2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
                              2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
                              Her's
                              2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

Working...
                              X