X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Kijiji Find Thread

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
    Err, 600 WHP and 11.6s/quarter mile?

Since a quarter mile is about 0.40223 km then that means this car takes 28.58 seconds to do 1 km.

So that means he is doing about 126 km/h at the end of 28.58 seconds.

So with some fancy calculations that makes his acceleration = 3.0422381852552 m/s2

Sooo... this car takes about 25.7 seconds to reach 100 km/h.

I'll pass thanks!

Me retard today. Me no think.
    Yeah where you go stuck is assuming that acceleration was constant. That one incorrect major assumption that you made. If acceleration is a constant, then velocity would be increasing at the same rate, and we all know that this is incorrect. If velocity increases at the same rate the position is only exponentially increasing by a factor of 2, which combined with you extrapolating a 1/4 mile to 1 mile has thrown that timing way out the window.

With another point or two (two position/time points, one more velocity point) you can determine almost all the information necessary to draw out the curves and be able to see how fast it really is.

All comes down to basic derivatives, knowing that if you derive position as a function of time you get velocity, and if you derive velocity as a function of time it becomes acceleration, and if you derive acceleration you end up calculating jerk movements which wreck havoc on axles and other stationary parts in the drivetrain.

Comment

Ya you don't need to take out your pencils to figure out that 11.5 1/4 mile time anywhere in Utah, where most of the populated areas are above 5000ft, is Damn Quick.

Comment

Actually, I personally don't have any idea how far a mile is. The only reason I know what 12" and 6" is approximately is because of subway. I grew up on metric.

Comment

11.5s per 1/4 mile sounds close to a Nissan GTR or 911 GT3 or a RS6 so it is moving well!

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
            Actually, I personally don't have any idea how far a mile is. The only reason I know what 12" and 6" is approximately is because of subway. I grew up on metric.
            This, this is the reason I continue to check this forum from time to time.
            I take pictures for money.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
              This, this is the reason I continue to check this forum from time to time.
              The imperial system is just crazy.

Back on topic: Audi Fox
              http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/4967256720.html
              Last edited by witchcraftz; 04-10-2015, 09:02 AM.

Comment

omg imola rs4.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/c...ationFlag=true

Comment

Originally posted by EDOthug View Post
                  IMC used to be South Deerfoot Suzuki. They're sketchy af. Very infamous on Beyond.

Buyer beware.
                  Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flipstah View Post
                    IMC used to be South Deerfoot Suzuki. They're sketchy af. Very infamous on Beyond.

Buyer beware.
                    I bought my Jetta from there....what a nightmare I went through with that maniac owner. Suzuki left Canada, its another dealership name now, down by Heritage Costco. Avoid like plague.
                    Bagged 2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T Stage 2 Unitronic, 2016 Tiguan R-Line , S13 SR20DET, Mk2 VR6 Project, 2011 Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

The cabriolets got all the lame parts anyways

Pat

His
                      1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
                      1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
                      1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
                      2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
                      Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

My funny to drive GLS BORA SPORT! http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/c...ationFlag=true
                        Current Fleet
                        #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
                        2001 Cobra #88/3786
                        1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
                        2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
                        2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Not euro fitment but good price for 5 bbs wheels (wobble bolts maybe?)

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/ca...ationFlag=true

Comment

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/c...oor/1063309973

Comment

Originally posted by flipstah View Post

Buyer beware.
                              Yeah this place is next level sketchy, when I was looking for A3s I walked out of there telling them off for an ad that was completely untrue. They had no professionalism or knowledge whatsoever, just cars.
                              I take pictures for money.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                                Yeah this place is next level sketchy, when I was looking for A3s I walked out of there telling them off for an ad that was completely untrue. They had no professionalism or knowledge whatsoever, just cars.
                                Really they are that bad?? I was going to go look at that R8 they have this weekend and possibly upgrade from my 996 TT. Looks like I'll stay away from them instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X