X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Kijiji Find Thread

Originally posted by bobkatkat View Post
    B7 RS4 owners... ...if you ever find yourself lined up against a tuned A4 you better get it up above 6500 and keep it there.
    Challenge accepted!

FWIW. I find the RS4 goes into 'Plaid' mode starting at about 5500 rpm. Being a NA car, she definitely loves to rev too. Passing on a two-way highway I find is always a joy banging off shifts before the 8K redline.

Maybe it's just me, but if presented with the choice and regardless of what's faster streetlight to streetlight, I'd take a high mileage RS4 over a tuned A4 all day long. Daddy loves his V8. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rob
    Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
    Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
      Challenge accepted!
      Just don't put up slips or a bunch of money

FWIW. I find the RS4 goes into 'Plaid' mode starting at about 5500 rpm. Being a NA car, she definitely loves to rev too. Passing on a two-way highway I find is always a joy banging off shifts before the 8K redline.
      That is one of my points. But looking at the graphs the A4 probably does not have to downshift at all to pass on the highway.

Maybe it's just me, but if presented with the choice and regardless of what's faster streetlight to streetlight, I'd take a high mileage RS4 over a tuned A4 all day long. Daddy loves his V8. Haha.
      Ya its not just you B7 RS4 is one of the sexiest shapes and exhaust notes on the planet. It's never all about a foot race.

Interesting that in both graphs there is huge performance penalties due to carbon buildup. The A4 breaths so much better up top, almost looks like a different car. The RS4 is giving up 85 CHP and a mind boggling 75(out of 317) torques due to carbon build up. They need to be maintained, driven hard regularly to keep them happy.

Comment

I came from a mk5 gti to rs4 and i felt like my gti was just as fast but was definantly not. not saying the a4 for sale isn't but my gti wasnt.
        The rs4 to me is a piece of vehicle worth the 30k+ they sell for, anyone can build a a4 that is as fast but it wont hold its value. I wish i could predict the price of cars long term, im hesitant to sell mine as i see guys on the forums coming back and buying their second or third rs4.

Comment

I might have to line up my chipped a4 avant next to one of you rs4 guys!
          sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
          His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
          Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
          Past:
          B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
          B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
          2004 .:R32 BMP
          2001.5 Noggy blue s4
          2000 VW GTI 1.8T
          1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

Interesting, Mines a tuned B8....would love to play with an RS4 sometime!
            Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
            Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Im down for a pull. Come spring time, probably faster with my winter setup then my grippy heavy summers.

Comment

http://m.kijiji.ca/cars-trucks/calga...=1454810949315
                opinions? Looking for a car to go up and down deerfoot, trying to keep km down on the rs4.

Comment

BRM TDI, guaranteed Cam replacement...Jtoutt on here has one...añd has done his çam.
                  Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Too good a deal, something's not right...

Comment

Take it to TuneDub or even better Calgary AutoWorks to get it looked at....the price ids right!
                      Last edited by Geobmx4life; 02-06-2016, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Pretty good engines in these things, just pull the valve cover, that will give you a good indication on cam wear.
                        Josh

2006 Jetta TDI (DSG)
                        decent amount of (little) cosmetic mods
                        Colt stage II cam
                        PD150 Injectors
                        Darkside GTB1749V
                        Malone stage 5 (dynamic Idle and EGR delete)
                        Malone DSG tune
                        H&R coilovers
                        Panzer skidplate
                        OEM LED Tail lights.
                        OEM style projector headlights with e46 (clear lens) projector swap

2008 ford Ranger 5 spd

Comment

He's not really responding. Not going to be getting it. Mk4 vs mk5 tdi?? Which one? I might just get a civic si or rsx type s though.

Comment

mk4 tdi with the alh is probably the simpler engine but those cars are 13 years old at the youngest, catch 22. Civic si would be sweet also.
                            Josh

2006 Jetta TDI (DSG)
                            decent amount of (little) cosmetic mods
                            Colt stage II cam
                            PD150 Injectors
                            Darkside GTB1749V
                            Malone stage 5 (dynamic Idle and EGR delete)
                            Malone DSG tune
                            H&R coilovers
                            Panzer skidplate
                            OEM LED Tail lights.
                            OEM style projector headlights with e46 (clear lens) projector swap

2008 ford Ranger 5 spd

Comment

I think Dylan got lucky with the BEW MKIV he picked up...just gotta know what to look for...proper oil and timing belt being the key 2.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                                He's not really responding. Not going to be getting it. Mk4 vs mk5 tdi?? Which one? I might just get a civic si or rsx type s though.
                                Since you aren't looking for a wagon or hatch and you are not set on diesel you could still have a awd for winter daily driving with style HERE..... and at least you won't miss too much the performance......
                                Last edited by syncrovan; 02-07-2016, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X