Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensolutions Inc. : VAG-COM software and Bentley CDs

Hi Folks,

A quicknote on VAG-COM and Interface Adapters, and Bentley Repair Manuals on CD

Some of you might know that we are a supplier to Ross-Tech. We supply them with OBD connectors and Diagnostic Interface Adapters - MAX-COM, UNI-COM, TWIN-COM, TWIN-USB. The latest interfaces are the KEY series. These interfaces operate like the HEX-COM/USB interface in that they have the software activation code embedded. This means that you do not need to email for activation of VAG-COM. In short it is plug and play provided you have the correct software version (the latest BETA) running on your computer.

The following KEY interface adapters are available:

KEY-COM, a dual K line ISO9141 to RS232 interface adapter: $295.50 CAD
    KEY-USB, a dual K line ISO9141 to USB interface adapter: $315.50 CAD
    KEY-PRO, a dual K line ISO9141 to USB or RS 232 interface adapter: $335.50 CAD.

The KEY-COM and USB are available immediately, the KEY-PRO is going through its final testing.

For the older VW/AUDIs we carry the VAS 5051/02 adapter $58.50 CAD

Lastley, the Bentley CDs, we stock all popular titles, if we do not carry the one you are interested in please allow 2 weeks for delivery. Cost for all CDs are $115.50 CAD if you bought VAG-COM ($120.50 CAD other wise). We also have the Scan Tool companion book: $ 62.50 CAD

Please note, all pricing is exclusive of GST or shipping.

If you would lik emore information please drop me a line martin@sensolutions.com, or you can call us 403 246 4470 (8:30 am to 4:30 pm mountain time)

Cheers,

Martin

Re: Sensolutions Inc. : VAG-COM software and Bentley CDs

Can you clear define the differences between the KEYs? Ie, why should I buy the Pro instead of the Com, etc.

Also opinion - The Bently book is like 110 bucks at Southcenter - do you get more information with the CD? Do we need the Scan tool companion?

I am so buying one.

Khyron
    Geoff
    Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

I think the differences are in the interfaces - USB vs Serial or Both
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
        I think the differences are in the interfaces - USB vs Serial or Both
        The difference between the interfaces is simple for the Key-Com?usb, one is serial one is USB. As for the pro is comes with an adapter cable that makes it so you can use either, and since the software registration is in the hardware you can use it on any laptop very easy The pro also has an auto baud rate feature that lets it connect to different controllers much faster then the computer figuring out the rate for you. This feature also makes it just as fast as the Hex-Com but much more versatile. I will also deliver in town for the cheap price of a ride in some pimped out Veedubs
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Khyron
          Also opinion - The Bently book is like 110 bucks at Southcenter - do you get more information with the CD? Do we need the Scan tool companion?
          Khyron
          I believe you get more info with the CD but I an not 100% sure as I have not looked at them yet. I am thinking about buying a CD version also as if it does contain more info I can do my research as to what I need before hand then I can have my paper version to get all greasy when I am working on the car. As for the scan tool companion I have no idea, I will look into it when Martin gets back in the next couple days.
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Can you clear define the differences between the KEYs? Ie, why should I buy the Pro instead of the Com, etc.

I am so buying one.

Khyron
            Yes,the books are cheaper, actually if you can wait the 4 - 6 weeks you can buy them from Amazon cheaper yet ...

As for the CD, it has significantly more info partucularly when it comes to scantool procedures. You do not need the scantool companion - which we carry as well $62.50 CAD

I hope this answers you questions.

Cheers,

Martin

Comment

I am so buying one.

Khyron
              Oh, I forgot to mention the differences between the interface adapters:

KEY-COM: ISO 9141 Dual K line to RS 232 (serial port) interface. Acts as a software ware key.
              KEY-USB: ISO 9141 Dual K line to USB interface. Acts as a software ware key.
              KEY-PRO: ISO 9141 Dual K line to RS232 or USB interface (small adapter required, included in price). Acts as a software ware dongle but is "faster" than the other interface adapters (autobaud feature). Basically this adapter is feature compatible witht the HEX-COM/USB but gives you the option to use it with either a USB or RS232 port - no need to super size* the order ;-)

Other details of the interface adapters: they are fully protected against ISO line abuse - intrinsic thermal protection (they also perform a K and L line test once accessed through VAG-COM). This means that the aftermarket radio "problem" will not damage the interface adapter. They come with 1 year warrantee. The connectors are made by us as well, and are designed to fit VW, BMW, VOLVO. The cables attached to the connector housing have an overmolded strain relief: very strong and reliable - this is a feature the HEX series do not have.

Cheers,

Martin

* Super size is the term Ross-Tech uses to sell both a HEX-COM and HEX-USB in the professional kit ...

Comment

Working...
              X