No announcement yet.

2004 Jetta TDI for sale.....what price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Jetta TDI for sale.....what price?

I have decided to sell my 2004 Jetta TDI.....

The details -

2004 Jetta TDI GLS (Canadian Sport Model)
    Silver Paint and heated cloth seats
    5 Speed
    Michelin tires (80%) on factory aluminum rims
    Leather steering wheel and shifter
    Car is all stock other than -
    Panzer Plate engine guard
    Aftermarket touch screen stereo with blue tooth and Nav. (I still have the stock stereo and a Phat Box)
    Comes with a set of winter ice radials on steel rims

I am the original owner of this car and it has never been in an accident. The car only has 118K kms on it......probably the lowest mileage 2004 TDI in Alberta! Car is located in Edmonton.

What do you think is a fair price?
    2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Re: 2004 Jetta TDI for sale.....what price?

I've only seen one other mk4 tdi lately (it was an ALH wagon though) and it was listed for like $14k haha... Key word listed. Can't imagine anyone would be that insane to pay anywhere near that. Not much of an estimate for you, but I'd guess anywhere from $6-$9k
    Chris

Comment

Yeah that wagon price is crazy. I am looking for just a fair price that gives the buyer a great car at a good price. It is hard to comparison shop cars that are 12 years old as there are not many out there and most of them are 250K to 350K kms. I am more interested in having it out of my driveway that extracting the last $1000 from it. My new vehicle is ready for pickup this week.
      2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

Mine is listed for $4,500 with higher mileage on body but newer engine. I'd ask for $6,000 for yours, see if anyone bites.

Comment

I have two people interested in it just from my office. One guy said he was planning to make an offer of $7K....we will see if he follows through. At $7K I think it is a fair deal for both sides.
          2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

7K seems pretty fair. How is the condition of the body - any rust? Was the timing belt done? That would factor into the price. Pretty rare to find a one owner MK4 TDI with sub 200k nowadays!

David

Comment

The car is rust free except for some small rock chips on the A pillars. The timing belt has not been done as the car has not hit the mileage for replacement of it. I have been visually inspecting the belt due to its age and it looks fine with no signs of wear/cracking/mis tracking etc. The belt will have to be changed at some point and I don't plan to try to run it to the very last mile as we all know what happens when they fail!
              2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't trust the belt just because it's 13 years old. If that were done it's a $7k car all day with that low of mileage!
                2002 Jetta TDI
                2003 Jazz Blue GTI
                1981 Rabbit Truck Diesel

Comment

Just an FYI, I have a tuned ecu for that car that is sell cheap! Any pics of the car?
                  Last edited by Geobmx4life; 07-27-2016, 07:02 PM.
                  Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                  Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

I have a few pictures on my kijiji ad....http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details....dId=1185609698
                    2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

Car sold for $7500.....I could have sold it 5 times there was strong interest. Most of the people that called me about the car had previously owned TDIs and driven the wheels off them.
                      2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

Congrats to you and whoever bought it....and yeah I'm at 299k in mine now and plan on having it a few more years!
                        Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                        Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                          X