Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1986 Golf Custom (custom? that mostly means sunroof)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 Golf Custom (custom? that mostly means sunroof)

Yeah . . .

Well, it's gold, it starts, stops, and goes. Needs fuel pump. Just put 4 KYB air shocks and struts on it this year. Basically, this car is a beater that i've been using for work for the past four years. It's been reasonably well maintained (when it broke, i fixed it). There's a newish factory exhaust on it (like 1 1/2 years old), a sunroof (yes, with a manual crank), rear brake lines were done, trannie was replaced 3 years ago, new floor put in the driver's side (factory sealant), interior pretty good for an '86. No major known issues aside from the aforementioned fuel pump in need of retirement (a nice sunny junkyard). Strut towers are OK, a few holes in the trunk + on the hatch near the lock, just above license plate lights. Put a factory stereo from a 2000 Jetta in that i came across

Gas tank was replaced on recall a few years back. VW replaced the heater core on recall once, didn't properly document it, and then replaced it again about a year ago (free coolant flush!).

280,000 km or so . . . 1.8l CIS, 2 door, 5spd

Will include anything i own that goes with the car.

I've got pics if anybody is actually interested (and i won't Photoshop the beautiful rust!)

She's in Halifax now, grew up in Ontario. No reasonable offer refused!!!

Re: 1986 Golf Custom (custom? that mostly means sunroof)

bump

Comment

Working...
    X