FS: mkIV Jetta custom fiberglass sub box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: mkIV Jetta custom fiberglass sub box

I just sold my 05 TDI, so I won't be needing my custom sub enclosure anymore. This is a fairly elaborate setup which will require local pickup in Calgary. This was professionally made for me and it wasn't cheap.

The setup consists of a sealed fiberglass enclosure with about 1.2 cubic feet of space, which fits in the spare tire well of the car. Beside the enclosure you're left with plenty of room for amps and processors, and then the entire area is covered by a fitted MDF cover (finished in black carpet) which replaces the original trunk liner. The cover has a removable grill cover which allows the sub to play through, while at the same time protecting it. I'll also consider selling the super rare a/d/s/ RS12 with the setup.

I can send photos to anyone interested, just email me at trevormarx@hotmail.com or give me a call at x
    Last edited by electrafixion71; 06-28-2017, 07:35 AM.

Re: FS: mkIV Jetta custom fiberglass sub box

you should post photos anyway.. its sounds cool
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
      you should post photos anyway.. its sounds cool
      I'd be happy to do so...what's the best way to post photos?

Comment

Upload them to a picture hosting site like http://tinypic.com

There will be a link that you can paste onto the boards here and your pictures will be displayed.

Comment

I really should have vacuumed before taking these, but here's some pics:

I'm also looking to sell the sub amp if anyone is interested.
          Last edited by electrafixion71; 10-25-2007, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I am just wondering who made that box for you? Also is it glasses on the inside as the bottom doesn't look like it was sealed well.
            Name: Brent
            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

The box is 100% sealed, there are just a few layers at the edge which aren't bound to the rest of the fiberglass bucket. The box was built by a very experienced installer who manages a large shop for one of the 'big box' stereo shops. He started with the company back when I worked there in sales some 11+ years ago, and having been in the business I've known both artists and hacks. There is a reason I went to this guy...he's built many competition and show cars over the years, I just asked him for something functional that would sound great and keep my entire trunk free. Too bad I didn't vacuum the black carpet before taking those pix...

Comment

Working...
              X