WTB: CD changer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: CD changer

Looking for CD changer for 2000 Beetle (ie. truck mount, 12 pin like, part #1J6-035-111), VW model preferred but would consider aftermarket if it included the appropriate adapters.

Reason: I bought the car with no CD changer, and don't feel like paying premium for an aftermarket that requires 2 different expensive adapters.

Re: WTB: CD changer

If you have no luck finding one, check on Vortex as I believe the Panasonic model is a direct plug (the VW is the same model). But with how many people upgrade stereos you should get lucky!

Khyron
    Geoff
    Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Thanks, I'll look at vortex too.

It just seems stupid to pay $300 or $400 two adapters to add an average CD changer to a stock stereo.

Comment

Originally posted by Stampfan
        Thanks, I'll look at vortex too.

It just seems stupid to pay $300 or $400 two adapters to add an average CD changer to a stock stereo.
        I have a clarion 6 disc cd changer, i bought it after i got my 01 gti 1.8t because it didn't come with a cd player. i took it out when i traded it my old car for my 337 and i don't really need it now. I paid around $550 for it with taxes and all back in 2001, it is model CDC635. It has the adaptor and you have to do is run to a power source (very easy). It worked great with the stock head unit, didn't skip at all. make an offer, i'm in nova scotia so shipping would be extra at your expense.

Jon
        Last edited by mortician79; 03-25-2004, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X