Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to find a home for my dog...

I am in the unfortunate position where I have to get rid of my dog... :(

He is a German Shepherd named Charlie, that we have had since he was a puppy (we got him from the SPCA). He is 2 1/2 years now. He has all his shots (maybe due soon for boosters) and has been nutured. My whole family will miss him HUGE...

The reason we have to get a new home for him is because a little kid was trying to kick Charlies food away from him and he ended up biting his leg (one big nip, but he broke skin).

Charlie has grown up around our kids and is a very loving, friendly, sweet and healthy dog and has never had any vicious problems EVER, but because my wife watches 3 kids, we have to find him a new home as this cannot happen again or he will put him down (we were told to find another home without kids or a complaint will be filed).

He needs to go to a home that loves dogs and can exercise him regularly (he gets a bit hyper without regular exercise as he is still a bit young). He definitely loves people, and he does very well with dogs at the park etc, but at home I have never really had other dogs in the house, so I am not sure how he will behave that way, although we have a cat with kittens and he LOVES them...

If anyone is seriously interested, I will give him to the right person for free. I want him to go to someone who KNOWS that they want a dog for life as I really hate to see him having to get used to a new master again...

Please will some true dog lover help us out or we will have to get him put down...

I can be reached here, or call my home number at 239.1648

Here is a pic of Charlie...

sigpic
    Urban Expressions Wheel & Tire
    Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
    Calgary Alberta, T2E6L5
    888.769.1772 Toll Free
    403.769.1771 tel
    403.769.1773 fax
    bob@urbanexp.ca

Re: I need to find a home for my dog...

So sad I wish I could take him off your hands, but the wife doesn't want to get a dog just yet. Too bad, he is beautiful

Present
    2010 Audi A4 S-Line
    2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
    2003 VW Jetta GLI
    1992 VW Jetta GL
    1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Looks like the german shepard/huskey I had when I was a kid. I agree they do get a bit nippy when severly provoked but that only happened 2 times in the 12+yrs that we had our dog.
      I hope he finds a good home as he deserves it
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

This happened to my aunt as well, someone was provoking the dog and when it nipped them they filed charges. I am sorry this happened to you man.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

If you got him from the SPCA then you signed an agreement that you would return the dog there for any reason should you not be able to keep it. Don't put the dog down, return it to the SPCA you adopted it from if you cannot find an appropriate home.

Comment

Best of luck Bob looks like a great dog, but I have an apartment in my future so I cannot help.
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

This really sucks for you. Sadly in these situations it is the dog that gets the short end of the stick. If I was in a position where I was at home more often & could give more time to him I would take him in a minute, but being out of the house 12+ hours a day is not fair to the dog.

I will keep my ear to the ground for anyone who may be looking for a dog.

Andrew
              www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Stampfan
                If you got him from the SPCA then you signed an agreement that you would return the dog there for any reason should you not be able to keep it. Don't put the dog down, return it to the SPCA you adopted it from if you cannot find an appropriate home.
                Well I was thinking of that, but we got him from the SPCA in Vanouver where we lived before movingt to Calgary, and we called the one here and they said that they will put him down if he is returned because it was a toddler that he bit(4 year old, VERY active boy). They said that unfortunately because of the type of society we have where people are suing over everything, they will not accept any animal that has bitten a small child. I want to avoid that at all costs!
                Last edited by tirebob; 08-07-2005, 10:56 AM.
                sigpic
                Urban Expressions Wheel & Tire
                Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
                Calgary Alberta, T2E6L5
                888.769.1772 Toll Free
                403.769.1771 tel
                403.769.1773 fax
                bob@urbanexp.ca

Comment

Working...
                X