WTB: MK2 GTI 16v, E30, or E24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WTB: MK2 GTI 16v, E30, or E24

scott i think that you should go with ur first instinct. you said you have always dreamed of owning a mk2, and you seem to already know what you want to do with it. i think in the long run, you will enjoy it more, plus i think its gonna be quite a bit cheaper as well.

Comment

Originally posted by CGDoig View Post
      Not sure if Patryk will chime in and agree or not either lol.
      I cant really comment seeing as i've maybe put on about 300km's on the BMW since owning it, and most of that was going to CAW and back home. Only repairs I had to do was stuff to pass OOPI. Definitely waiting for the weather to get nice so I can drive it more. That and 3m!!!!!
      Patryk
      Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
      08 VW .:R32
      04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

I don't know you personally so I have no idea of your past experience. But go for the mk2. Easy to find, easy to work on, relatively cheap until you decide to drop your pants and go balls out build. there is a huge support base for mk2's and everybody with one will gladly lend a hand.

Comment

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ466980034
          Looks like a Saudi Arabian's roller. Don't know if 130hp means 16v.
          Current Fleet
          #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
          2001 Cobra #88/3786
          1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
          2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
          2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

if you're a beginner builder, i say mk2. believe me, for a cheap project with your choices, it's the only way to go. even though the e30 is the mk2 of BMW's, the BMW chassis is way more money to mod than you would think. i know. i've got an e28 sitting in my garage waiting to get worked on, and i've built mk2's for way less, when i made less money lol. you can basically build a 16v mk2 and replace all the maintenance wear items for less than an e30 alone.
            you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
              Autotragic.
              Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
              2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
                It doesn't. 16v was the cosworth motor, they have different bumpers and fenders as well.

Comment

If you're still looking for something there is a nice euro model 190e that's for sale I always drive by up here in Edmonton. I'm not sure how much they're asking for it and it doesn't seem to be posted up anywhere online. But if you want I'll see if I can find out some more about it, it's like two houses down from my friends garage so I see it pretty often.
                  Levi.W
                  78 BMW 635CSi - Project
                  91 Mercedes 190E 2.6 - Daily

Comment

Working...
                  X