WTB: Hella micro DE's - golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Hella micro DE's - golf

as title states looking for new or used hella micro de's for a decent price....i got to some thinking on the front bump
    Al
    Hitler Built My Hotrod

Re: WTB: Hella micro DE's - golf

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1386900
    Nick
    There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    --Albert Einstein

Comment

thanx nick, a little steep on the price he is tho..by the time u include shipping etc i may as well get them brand new at C1... i will keep looking.
      Al
      Hitler Built My Hotrod

Comment

Originally posted by Al
        thanx nick, a little steep on the price he is tho..by the time u include shipping etc i may as well get them brand new at C1... i will keep looking.

I might pick up some of the "universal" Hella DE's while at TM Tuning in Berlin (hopefully I can stop in there and check it out). I think they are pretty cheap.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

whats the difference of the universal to the micro kor? thanx
          Al
          Hitler Built My Hotrod

Comment

The Golf/Jetta Micro DE's come with a bracket that replaces the vent grill on the stock bumper. So basically, they just clip into place. The universal lights are mounted with screws, and its up to you to figure out where/how to mount them, drill holes, etc. Also, the golf ones come with a remote control I think, but who cares about that I would just run a wire to my euroswitch.

vs

KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

You can check out PG performance as well. They're have a 25% off Hella products, which should include the DE's. I got mine there through a group buy I organized on the tex. If you get a set and need a hand installing them just let me know, it went pretty easily for me.

Kris, that second pic is the xenon micro DE, not hte best for fog, but pretty nice if you're going for bling. I read a lengthy article on fogs, the lower the better, but xenon will increase scatter in fog, they recommend yellow halogen for most efficient lighting in heavy fog.
              Last edited by Silverstoned; 05-17-2004, 08:58 AM.
              Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
              hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
              sigpic

Comment

But how often do we get really heavy fog?
                Nick
                There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
                --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Smartiepants
                  But how often do we get really heavy fog?
                  True, I was just saying the xenon may not be the best choice in a fog light, especially when you consider the price difference, and he's trying to save some cash.
                  Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silverstoned
                    True, I was just saying the xenon may not be the best choice in a fog light, especially when you consider the price difference, and he's trying to save some cash.
                    Yep, I was not advocating them, in fact the reverse. I will be going with the top pic, the old universal micro DE's with a yellow bulb.
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                      Yep, I was not advocating them, in fact the reverse. I will be going with the top pic, the old universal micro DE's with a yellow bulb.
                      Putting on a FMIC? If not, and you're concerned about cooling, you will probably want to trim out the excess material in the grilles to improve the airflow a little bit. I'm sure you already knew this
                      Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
                      sigpic

Comment

kris would u be able to pick me up some of those i could give you some cash before u left or pay u after if u wanted....pm me and we can talk.
                        Al
                        Hitler Built My Hotrod

Comment

Working...
                        X