Race City - Stock VWs show up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race City - Stock VWs show up

Well I raced 9 runs last week trying some different launch techniques, and had everything from a 18.3 to a 16.6. I think the track is a bit slicker than it should be for us non domestics, but let's find out. If ONE person manages a 15.x time stock, we'll know we can improve our launching. If no one can do it, then it's the track and I can stop trying. :mrsly:

Weather permitting of course. 20 bucks, bring pants and a helmet if you have one, rent one if not.

Khyron
    Geoff
    Fear is the element that unites all losers.

In Edmonton VW's (4 or 5 stock cars) were running MUCH better times (read: 2 seconds faster) than down at Race City. And ALL of the launches were pretty much just moderately good.

I am not sure why this is the case, maybe height above sea level coupled with humidity, temperature and the texture of the track?

Anyway my point is, don't be discouraged if you get timed at Race City and only end up with 17's while people elsewhere say they hit 15's stock. Its location not your car.

Next time I go I will race my car with just my Upsolute chip. As long as my car passes inspection *cough*bald tires*cough*
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

yea those tires were bad kris.. how was the drive home those few weeks ago in the rain?

Comment

Hydro-planey =)

Whenever Concept 1 says they can get the wheels I want, we'll solve that problem. I'm not ordering online again.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

what wheels? I might sell my soul and get some of the intro forged like on this dude on vortex's car 'bo_GLI' is his user his has an Oetty Plat. Grey jetta with them.. so hot but like 700US/wheel.. damn damn damn.. well next summer i guess for those

Comment

What time are people heading down there?
            2008 Audi RS4
            2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Yeah if enough people go I might show.
              Nick
              There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
              --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Fluidic Digital
                Simon and I should be at Race City around 8:30 tonight.

Peter
                Goddamit family thing came up. ARGH.

Khyron
                Geoff
                Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

We didn't go... so no big loss! LOL

Peter

Comment

okay defintely some time this summer I want to go perhaps in 3 weeks or so it seems I'm always busy or end up going out on fridays.. but I wouldn't mind racing some people even if I do get beaten..

Comment

Working...
                    X