Friday Night Drags... (July 25)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Night Drags... (July 25)

I know Chris expressed interest in going... so I plan on being there in full support. Kris (Kor) is also attending and racing... and I think Simon is heading out as well.

Needless to say, if you haven't come to a meet yet, come to this one.

Race City Motorpark. $20 bucks if you're racing - $5 bucks to rent a CLEAN helmet. $5 bucks ONLY if you are there to watch. Every car from an AMC Pacer to a Mercedes SL500 and a V10 Viper have been out at these things – let’s hope for a good showing tonight! Let's try and get as many people as we can at this event; help represent the NewVeeDub crowd.

Racers... be there at 7PM sharp for inspection -- the drags open at 9PM. See you there!

Peter

What happens if I pay the $20 and don't pass inspection? Kind of worried about that.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

They give you a full refund... or 15 bucks back if you still want to stay and watch. They're not gonna con you man! lol

Peter

Comment

Thats what I figured Anyhow I will be there and racing, and my car is slow, so everyone who doesn't have a super fast car can come out and not feel so bad.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Sweet!! I'm gonna try and come out and watch. Who's all going? Sounds like Peter, Kris, Simon?
          Jay

Comment

Tonight guys. See you there.

Peter

Comment

Awww not driving sucks. Damn knee
              Nick
              There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
              --Albert Einstein

Comment

I know how you feel, I scraped most of the skin off my knee a few weeks ago in a basketball "accident" and every time I drive I bump it - not good.

Anyhow Race City was a bust. I was the only one who went, and they wouldn't let me race because one of my tires didn't have enough tread. Oh well, will have to get new tires eventually...
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Hey man, I was there!! I was hoping I would see one of you guys turn up! I actually saw you driving on Mcloed on my way down. Since you had a number on your windshield I figured you would be back:( . I couldn't call you 'cause I don't have your number. So we hung out for a while, actually both of us had a good time. Next time you guys go we'll be there.
                  Jay

Comment

Normally the guys at Race City don't let you take passengers unless they are not busy. If you do take a run with a passenger, you're not allowed to run against anyone -- just your car, down the strip.

Rules --- nothin but the plain ole` rules. :mrtongue:

Peter

Comment

I'd go watch again (had fun last week) but I'm going out of town:( maybe next time though. Don't worry about your car being slow either. Last week, a chev 1/2 ton did about 10 runs and a 4 wheeler did 3 runs!! I'd bet your car will be much faster :thumbsup:
                      Jay

Comment

a car doesnt have to be fast to get the impression of going fast, ask people who drove with me.
                        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Working...
                        X