Autocross anyone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autocross anyone???

I was just browsing through Race City's web page and found out that they are doing autocross at the same time as the "secret street" drags every Friday night on the oval using the center feild. If you pay the 25 dollar entrance fee you are allowed to run both the autocross and the drag tracks.

Here is the announcement from there page:

Returning in 2009 - Secret Street Autocross Racing!

Street racing is extremely dangerous and one of the most irresponsible driving habits imaginable. To this end Race City is expanding it’s drag racing program to include an autocross-style event. Just about anyone can go fast and straight down the quarter mile, but it takes driver skill to handle the twists and turns of an autocross.

The Secret Street Autocross program, which will run every Friday night in conjunction with the Secret Street drag racing program.

Participants will be timed with a stopwatch as they drive a set course inside the oval (under the watchful eye of officials). At the end of each run drivers will receive a time slip to verify times.

Gates open at 5:00 p.m., autocross runs begin at 7:00 p.m. and may run as late as 10:30 p.m. (depending of the number of entrants and the level of interest).

Concessions are open throughout the event, however there is no alcohol allowed or sold on-site.

Cost is $25.00 Car & Driver - this includes both drag racing and autocross.

It is the perfect opportunity to find out what you and your car can do when you have to corner, not just go straight. Bragging rights are up for grabs every Friday night. Racers are encouraged to run both the drag racing program as well as the autocross program all in the same evening.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

This would be awesome. I never even knew about this until this hour. Can't wait till next Friday....
    TWO TON ENGINE LIFT/CRANE FOR RENT
    PM me if you need one!!

Re: Autocross anyone???

man id so be down...too bad my car is running poorly! :(
    Originally posted by RedMile
    Don't bug the receiver though, he's far to busy to help you out.
    Originally posted by Smarty39
    haha, thanks man...I take it you're the receiver lol?

Comment

me and few people done it before at race city this year already. we've been to secret street every friday that it was open and did some 1/4mile runs and such but the autoX isnt on everytime cause the oval is being used during the afternoons for other races and then the people have to clean all the broken **** that is left behind.

but it VERY FUN!

also need a approved helmet!
      Reggie Mah | MWDesign Technik Sales Representative
      Europrojektz NW Chapter Member
      reggie@mwdesigntechnik.com

Comment

Yea, weve done auto x once, there are trucks on the track in the afternoon so they tear up the track pretty bad.
        http://www.flickr.com/erroltan

Comment

Working...
        X