Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our First 24Hours in Vancouver! (RevScene Content!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Our First 24Hours in Vancouver! (RevScene Content!)

Originally posted by turbomeyers View Post
    wow good times . the euro scene is just starting there .
    No way man. Their scene is WAY bigger than ours.

I think weather + a bunch of other factors play a huge role in the difference seen between AB and BC.

I was there in April of this year. Weather in Alberta was SHIET and there was tons of snow on the ground. Vancouver had flowers blooming, green grass, and I wore shorts and a t-shirt outside. Summer cars + convertibles were out in full force. I know if I was able to drive my car year round I would be putting more money + more time into it.

Currently my Jetta sees "summer mode" for maybe 3-5 months depending on when the streets are cleaned. It's really not worth it for me to put ton of $$$ into stuff that I have to remove/risk getting damaged over the winter. If I could drive this thing year round in summer mode you bet I'd be SLIZZAMED with everything molded + shaved.

In BC...the border is 10 mins away. Buy all your parts from the states, drive across, pick your stuff up, after taxes + duty you're savin $$. With that whole process being so easy I can see people being encouraged to order what they want from the states without having to worry about the ridiculous UPS fees/waiting times associated with shipping items across the border.

Also important to consider that they they've got 2million+ people clustered in the lower mainland....that means more meets + more exposure to the scene + more cars showing up at those meets.

That said, it's good to see ppl steppin up and building mega baller cars in Alberta. Couple of Beyonders had their stuff featured in various magazines, always nice to see locals showin the rest of the world that we know how to do it right.
    Last edited by nismodrifter; 08-19-2009, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Re: Our First 24Hours in Vancouver! (RevScene Content!)

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
      You just have to know where to look hehe At one point, Calgary had 4 Enzos when Van only had the 1.
      haha yea but is that van the city itself or including the surrounding cities? big difference there haha

Comment

Working...
      X