Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WoW Entrants

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
    Well we can still put in the 4 cars and just not enter the club competition but still get some exposure for the club.
    K, I just talked to Ozzie (red Jetta) and he's willing to put it into the show. BUT I have to basically take possesion of the car and handle all of the work that needs to be done (fixing paint, bringing in a reiger front, detailing, etc) from now until the show. So let me know what you guys think of this idea. If you feel this car is show-worthy, I'll get things in motion to bring it in.

Here's Ozzie's car (sorry, these are the only pics I have right now)..............

Last edited by Derick; 01-20-2004, 08:10 PM.
    Derick

Comment

you have to pay for his paint and front end as well as all your arm work to wax the mofo.. i would say forget that shiz

Comment

Originally posted by lsc2g
        you have to pay for his paint and front end as well as all your arm work to wax the mofo.. i would say forget that shiz
        i really like ozzie's car, i'm in love with the rieger kit. if you have to pay for any of the stuff to get it fixed, then no don't do it, we'll be fine with the 4 cars and have a good time. if the only thing outta your pocket is the waxing, then I say do it, we can do it together on the thursday there! (i dont have a garage, so thats when I plan on doing it)
        Simon

Comment

ok, little sponsor type update:

i went to automation today, basically they offered us 15% off labor. alot of us need stuff painted, and possibly minor body work. materials we still pay full price for.

additional info:

if you have a dark color car then -> 1) no waxing painted panels until a month passes by, otherwise they will get cloudy, 2) painting a panel you can get away with not having to paint the adjacent one, you wont see a color difference.

if you have a light color car then -> the above two steps are opposite

so, kor is going there tomorrow, he will try to make us a nvd account if possible. otherwise, say you know bart, blue golf white rims and this is for the W0W, ask for warwick brett, the owner.

i believe their labor rate is $52/hour. not sure. their rule of thumb is $300-4 per panel, i'm guessing thats with removal and reinstallation. so if you bring them a bumper and get it painted, do the install yourself, it'll be around $200, rough example.

btw, i've used them before, they do awesome workmanship. scfc sends all their cars there.
          2002 VW Golf GT TDI
          2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

No, no, no. Sorry, I should have been more clear on my post. I'm not paying for anything that needs to be done to the car. What I meant was that I need to use my "hook-ups" for body work and parts cuz I get good deals on those things. Ozzie would be signing all the cheques . So really, I would be investing time and labour. But that's it. Sheesh, my car is already a money pit as it is. I don't need two of them to lighten my wallet.
            Derick

Comment

haha okay derick.. well i say yes then so then just simon's golf and his jetta and we have 6 but we still gotta get approved and all so...............

Comment

haha okay derick.. well i say yes then so then just simon's golf and his jetta and we have 6 but we still gotta get approved and all so...............
                ATTN: simon and red jetta man, if i were you, i would drive up to bill/pat's house asap and tell them whats going on and give them your application. i think they are making their decisions in the next couple of days or something.
                2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

ok, just spoke with bill again on the phone.

deadline for people in club displays is 31st of this month, so hurry up and get your form in. general deadline is the 4-5th, afterwards they send out letters of acceptance, so meaning we will get them say the 10th the latest.

now, my biggest problem is that i probably dont want to paint half my car knowing i'm not in, but i probably need to do it anyway sometime this year. that leaves us 10 days to book appointment and get it done, for sure i wont be able to apply wax to those parts of the car.

so, what i'm doing is basically going for it, and hoping i'm in. winning something last year should give me some 'credentials', lol.
                  2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                  2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Ok I'm just going to go ahead and cancel my flight that week, so I have all week to help plan/setup/clean.

I'll print out the application tomorrow at school and try to drop off the application this week.
                    Simon

Comment

Originally posted by bart
                      ATTN: simon and red jetta man, if i were you, i would drive up to bill/pat's house asap and tell them whats going on and give them your application. i think they are making their decisions in the next couple of days or something.
                      OK Bart, I'll get another application ready and contact the show folks (I'm assuming their number is on the application).
                      Derick

Comment

Sorry guys I have been off sick the last couple of days

But I think Ozzies car will work along with Siomns so if you guys could get those apps in asap then we should be ready to go!

Thanks for making this work guys
                        Blair
                        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
                        X