• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Edmonton Cars & Coffee

Impromptu venue change?

Comment

I just got this message this morning, oh btw we should make the meets at 1 o'clock.
      unfortunately I cant make it today. Hopefully this will make it better for some people
      Last edited by TerryM3; 09-28-2014, 10:09 AM.

Comment

If we want to do a weekly thing we can definitely make it happen. I would only suggest making a different thread and leave this one strictly bi-weekly "Coffee 'n Cars" The other thread can be a weekly get-together with venue changes and higher frequencies visits.
        -Stefan- '02 S6 Atlas Grey

'01 A6 2.7T MT --- Sold
        '95 GTI 2.slo --- Sold

Need Radio Removal Keys, VAG-Com? PM Me

Comment

Originally posted by jschmidtjordan View Post
          Impromptu venue change?
          I just got back from BC late last night.

I mentioned earlier on this year if someone else has a good location suggestion post it up. That one is just nice and quick to get to with nice parking. Hard to find with most tims.
          2007 A3 3.2vr | S-line | Quattro | Brilliant Black Sold
          2020 Glacier White A4 Allroad
          2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Ponto View Post
            I just got back from BC late last night.

I mentioned earlier on this year if someone else has a good location suggestion post it up. That one is just nice and quick to get to with nice parking. Hard to find with most tims.
            We could do a rotation of the City. Windermere/Palisades/Brintnell/Lakespur/ and in the coming months Walker Lakes (big Commercial area being built) All these locations have open parking, one form of a coffee shop or another, and easy access off the Henday.

'01 A6 2.7T MT --- Sold
            '95 GTI 2.slo --- Sold

Comment

Originally posted by stef2.7t View Post
              We could do a rotation of the City. Windermere/Palisades/Brintnell/Lakespur/ and in the coming months Walker Lakes (big Commercial area being built) All these locations have open parking, one form of a coffee shop or another, and easy access off the Henday.
              Actually it's called Harvest pointe... haha But will be a good place once it's done... considering its partially my design - minus layout, that's architect.

I think thats a decent idea for sure.
              2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

My $0.02...Try to keep it fairly consistent as to where the meet will be. That way people won't be confused as to the location from week to week. We do our Sunday coffee in Calgary in two different locations during the month and I know this causes confusion in some.
                --
                Rod
                Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Originally posted by Ur0Drivr View Post
                  My $0.02...Try to keep it fairly consistent as to where the meet will be. That way people won't be confused as to the location from week to week. We do our Sunday coffee in Calgary in two different locations during the month and I know this causes confusion in some.
                  Kinda crossed my mind too, if its always chaning people will disappear lol. Not to say I am against trying a new location. This one just seems to work really well for a lot of people. (lots of non eurodriver people come too lol)
                  2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Originally posted by stef2.7t View Post
                    Actually it's called Harvest pointe... haha But will be a good place once it's done... considering its partially my design - minus layout, that's architect.

I think thats a decent idea for sure.
                    Fine! We'll call it "Ryan's Place" for short. LoL

'01 A6 2.7T MT --- Sold
                    '95 GTI 2.slo --- Sold

Comment

Haha North east corner will be under construction and done sometime in the spring I think. Sobeys going in. Walmart. Gas bar. Other drive thru places. But not all of the parking will be paved out this year.

Sent from my Igloo
                      2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

I agree with Rod, consistency is big on this one, if you run same time, same place people begin to not even have to look at the thread and just say Sunday morning time to head here and see some cars!!! I am however very glad to see the Edmonton scene growing though so thanks to all of you for putting in the time and effort!!!
                        Blair
                        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

FWIW, the older meets used to be at the Legislature grounds.

If the off-weekend crowd wanted to meet there it's got good parking, is central, scenic and close to good driving roads. Just have to bring your own coffee
                          Last edited by PRY4SNO; 09-30-2014, 03:24 AM.
                          Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                          Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                          Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

True, until summer season it does get very busy there.

Most everyone thats not on here seems to really like the current location, which people are coming from Sherwood park and north edmonton so its not like its a short drive. But the lack of traffic and open henday makes for a nice drive.

We are going to continue with windermere ourselves, but that is by no means a reason against trying the ledge on your own too! lol
                            2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

We are going to continue with windermere ourselves, but that is by no means a reason against trying the ledge on your own too! lol
                              Me Like!

'01 A6 2.7T MT --- Sold
                              '95 GTI 2.slo --- Sold

Comment

perhaps I wasn't clear and I see that. I didn't want permanent change, simply for the one occasion if there was a last minute cars and coffee last Sunday. I'm fine with "Ryans Place" being the normal spot, just thought if it was an impromptu cars and coffee why not a change of venue for the one.

Comment

Working...
                                X