Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Dyno Day Results

Damn,

I wish I could've made this event. Khryon you have a freak 1.8t. Hey Kris the only thing that you changed since the last dyno was the MBC?

QuA
    2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by QuA
      Hey Kris the only thing that you changed since the last dyno was the MBC?
      + Upsolute 94
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Nice,

Hmmm did you notice a big change with 94 octane version vs 91 ? Thats some impressive stuff kris. 200 whp!!! DIZZZZZZZZZZZZZAM.

QuA
        2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by QuA
          Nice,

Hmmm did you notice a big change with 94 octane version vs 91 ? Thats some impressive stuff kris. 200 whp!!! DIZZZZZZZZZZZZZAM.

QuA
          Upsolute 94 is a great program. I do use MBC though, so I may have different criteria.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I didn't mean to cause any hard feelings by just showing up, nor to cause any disrespect to anyone at C1 or NVD. If I did, consider this my apology.

My being 'adamant' about running was simply a negotiation with Zack to run one more car. He had no issue running one more. He just didn't want to spend an hour or more trying to find an rpm signal.

All of the C1 guys hung around working on their own projects till after I left.
            (I suppose none of you guys took notice of the yellow Speedster kit car up
            on the hoist? Wow.)

Anyhow, so this post has a bit of content:
            Baseline dyno: Sept 2003

ASV ECU, Rocketchip 3.1, .205 injectors: April 2004

(torque numbers from calculation)

Bow to my torque...

The TDI is running the same to the wheel as a stock VR6, with about
            100 more ft-lb of torque.
            VR6 dyno links

KLOBIONEKINOBI: what did you think of the JH/ABA? It'll be a fantastic combination for your old GTI.

-Dave

Comment

Wow, nice numbers Dave! Put my puny GTI to shame!
              2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
              2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
              2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Yea, Dave. JH-ABA is a great combo for the light A1 GTIs. Torquey and smooth for not much $.

Kinda embarrassed I forgot the name of the fellow with the silver rabbit. Thanks to him for the ride anyways. Would like to do that with my A1 for sure.
                2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

Resurecting a dead thread....

I know we were talking eariler of doing another dyno day in May/June. I was talking to a friend of mine, he has been to Ford SVT of Alberta dyno days. They apparently do them in Red Deer at a place called Diablo Performance. The shop supposedly has a Mustang (twin barrel) dyno there, and apparently the results are very accurate. Since they are in Red Deer, people can come from both Edmonton or Calgary, and we could even organize a morning cruise down there. Lastly, I gather that they give group pricing and its probably cheap (since they are in Red Deer). Another possibility is Tomas (I can't remember the name of his shop) but he's a nice guy. He lets you right into the dyno area and you can even tune under the hood, drive the car, watch your boost gauge or whatever you want during the dyno runs.

Just something to think about.
                  KR
                  Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

i'm down for it

Comment

While it will be useful for getting accurate numbers, it throws out any baseline comparisons you have. Same applies if you found another dyno that gives higher numbers. So unless you can use the same dyno every time (Toma is the guy in Calgary) there's not a good reason to jump around.

Khyron
                      Geoff
                      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

haha if i do dyno again at c1 its gonna be like 195 and like 270

Comment

That's just it - you know the mustang dyno is about 18% less than the dyno jet so you'll end up doing the conversion anyway to try and figure out what your APR gains were. And there's already so much difference depending on the day, weather etc why add more to the mix. It's not about the raw numbers as everyone knows that dynojets are higher.

Now being able to sit in the car and work under the hood - that's excellent. And if the runs can be way cheaper than c1, wooo!

Khyron
                          Last edited by Khyron; 05-04-2004, 04:43 PM.
                          Geoff
                          Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

true geoff.. i think i'll go to C1 some day and get another one done.. i'm gonna talk to ken and try to get a deal and pay 40 again but we'll see.

Comment

Well, I was thinking of trying somewhere else not to compare with my current dyno, but rather to try to get some more accurate A/F readings.... also I know that C1 had some problems with some of the runs, including mine and getting readings from the TDi guys. I only got a dyno to like 4600 rpms but had to pay full price, so I am slightly biased. Plus, it sucks that they don't let you near the car, and that you can't tune or try bolt-ons easilly during the dyno process.

--
                              Kris
                              Last edited by Kor; 05-04-2004, 05:13 PM.
                              KR
                              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Ive talked to Cam over at Diablo motor sports, and hes a really nice guy. I would be down for a trip up there anytime!
                                ---------------------

Aly

"Is it still considered paying for sex if you skip out on the bill?"

Comment

Working...
                                X