World of Wheels 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World of Wheels 2005

Well we are a tad behind schedule on this but I am not even sure if we have enough interest to make it worth while. In order to have a club display we need 6 cars, I first thought about maybe having an Audi or two as well but not sure. So if you would be interested post up, but first a few quick details; the show is Feb 18-20, your car needs to go in the evening of the 17th and must remain there till the evening of the 20th. The cost will be $55 per car, includes admission and goodies and some extra passes. You would also have to help out with the setup and planning as well as spending a lot of time at the Roundup Centre over the weekend. This is however the biggest car show in Calgary and so you get to meet lots of people and see some cool rides, plus 4 of 6 cars last year got awards.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: World of Wheels 2005

i dunno if i'll be in.. if i can sell my RHs and have my new ones ordered this month then probably.. i have to go to the body shop to have my trunk and boser installed too and my front end repainted again.. i'll try to get it done asap.. only if there are people willing to go in the show.. if i don't show my car i'll at least come and help setup,etc it was fun last year

Comment

I might be interested but I am not sure if my interior will be done on time or even if my rims are finished being redone. It might give me the incentive I need to get my car doen though Either way I am up for helping out.
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Well the only issue is that applications have to be in sooner rather then later so it would be best if you could make a good guess if you could be ready or not in time for the show.
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

well if james buys my wheels and i get the raise i'm hoping for then yes.. but otherwise probably no.. well we'll see

Comment

I'll help out wherever I can....
            2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
            2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
            2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

My car can go in for sure. Just a couple of things different from last show, nothing major but still looks pretty good.
              EU Tuning
              European Performance Products
              www.eutuning.ca
              slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

if you guys dont put in a group of cars i will be ashamed.
                Simon

Comment

well remember we lost the bling of you and derick.. and there is only so much myself and simon can do (what with me being with a off colored/chipped front end).. i know we could use.. simon,myself,kris,blair mk3, blair TT, stage 3 audi guy, mike's gli, nicks mk3... something like that i'm guessing i dunno

Comment

rest of us are too ghetto and plain, I spent all my money on gofast
                    2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Well I think we would be foolish to miss out on this but we need to move quick so lets see what we can get together.

So here are some possible cars:

Simon L - TDI R line Golf
                      Blair - MK3 Jetta
                      Ryan - Jetta ???
                      Brent - TDI Golf ???
                      Kris - Jetta ???
                      Mike - Jetta GLI ??? Needs to show this car!!
                      Nick - MK3 Jetta
                      Blair - Audi TT if needed can be there
                      R-Audi - Stage 3 A4 would be nice
                      Jeff - GTI ???
                      Derek - MK3 SC GTI ???

We should be able to pull 6 out of this, so come on guys!!
                      Blair

Comment

I kinda doubt Mike will show his car
                        Bumper is still cracked and hes all pumped up on his MK1 these days

edit: Nick's mk3 is sold too
                        Last edited by James; 01-12-2005, 04:50 PM.
                        REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                        -james

Comment

Originally posted by TurboMedic
                          rest of us are too ghetto and plain, I spent all my money on gofast
                          I spent all my $$ on interior/body paint and stereo equip :( If I get tires and my rims are actually refinished properly this time I might be in. I should be able to finish install ing all my speakers and some of my trunk items this weekend then hopefully all the rest of the parts I have ordered will come in soon too. I also have to finish a bunch of wiring for all types of misc things that will take a long while. If I can get it done by the end of the month and we need another car you can count the BMP TDI in.
                          Name: Brent
                          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

If all you need is wheels, there are plenty of people who will still be running winters at that point and I am sure in the spirit of the club, will donate theirs for the weekend

Originally posted by Stonewall
                            I spent all my $$ on interior/body paint and stereo equip :( If I get tires and my rims are actually refinished properly this time I might be in. I should be able to finish install ing all my speakers and some of my trunk items this weekend then hopefully all the rest of the parts I have ordered will come in soon too. I also have to finish a bunch of wiring for all types of misc things that will take a long while. If I can get it done by the end of the month and we need another car you can count the BMP TDI in.
                            EU Tuning
                            European Performance Products
                            www.eutuning.ca
                            slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

yea if i don't wanna show/can't i'll gladly donate my Rhs to somebody to rock (unless they are gone by then) but then i'll have my new blingers so i'll be good

Comment

Working...
                              X