Sunday June 1, Farfromhome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday June 1, Farfromhome

This coming sunday is Farfromhome, an Alberta wide VW show that takes place in Sylvan lake. We would like to have a contingent of NewVeeDubs to represent at the show. Details are not specific but probably meeting early sunday morning (8-9ish) and then cruise up and roll into town and check out all the fine dubs (new & old) that the province has to offer. I would estimate 100 cars to be there this year and it is lots of fun. Please post up if you would like to go, and if you do not want to drive or show yopu maybe can hitch a ride with someone. We will firm up the details soon and when we find out how many of you will attend.

Cheers

Blair
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

I'm in!

I just need to get a shift covered, but that should be no problem.

So are we going to enter some cars into the show? Or are we simply cruising up as a club and checking things out?
    2008 Audi RS4
    2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Last year there was no judging just kind of showing so everyone can enter but I will be entering anyway and Peter maybe you should crank down the coils and go in the lowrider contest!
      Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

What's the procedure for entering? Any forms to fill out? Is there any cost?

:urspecial
        2008 Audi RS4
        2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

It is $4 for CVD & Airriders members and $8 for non-members.
          Blair

Comment

sorry guys i'm going to BC for the weekend.. see you on the 6th though

Comment

Hmmmm, I'll have to see, any idea what time we'll be back, I'd have to hitch a ride out there though.
              Nick
              There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
              --Albert Einstein

Comment

people usually meet up at the deerfoot mall wal-mart at 8am i think, sign up and register there, and then leave at 9 and meet up in red-deer with the airriders, and cruise together (100+ cars) on the highway to sylvan lake. its really awesome to see!!

last year there was a lowrider contest and a stereo contest. entry into this is basically "who wants to be in.. " "me" "ok your in"

there are lots and lots of prizes just for attending, last year I won chrome door sills and a $50 kit of cleaning products. you get to see all that alberta has to offer when it comes to VW's, new and old. (btw.. edmonton has some HOT mk4's)
                Simon

Comment

Im there of course.
                  KR
                  Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I am in. Dunno who I am cruising with tho, CVD or NVD...I hope we all cruise together.
                    Paul

Mayonnaise colour Benz, I push Miracle Whips!

Comment

BTW I can take anyone if they need a ride up there. However, I am not interested in picking anyone up all the way down South...PM if you want a ride
                      Paul

Comment

Hey guys and gals,

Fahrfromhome starts at 8:30AM this year. We're meeting at the Deerfoot Outlet Mall on Sunday, June 01. As stated before, entrance fees are $4 for CVD members, $8 for non-members. You'll save a buck if you bring a food bank donation. Some proceeds from the show will be donated to the Alberta Children's Hospital Foundation. CVD memberships will be available for purchase as well.

The best part of the show, in my mind, is the cruise up to Red Deer. 60+ dubs tend to get a lot of attention on the highway. We do ask that drivers behave though . Show up with a full tank, with any munchies you may need, and with your FRS radios.

If NVD chooses to travel up by yourselves, that's fine too. You can meet us in the industrial portion of Red Deer (north end), at the Esso Card Lock. But you will miss a major portion of the event. You can register in Calgary, or in Sylvan Lake. If you register in Calgary, CVD (and the ACHF) will get 100% of the procedes.

Here's the flyer.

click here for large PDF

Cheers!
                        Last edited by Ryan S; 05-27-2003, 01:47 AM.
                        Ryan Shandruk
                        Time to move?

Comment

Well here we go this what we have for our plan for Sunday. We are going to meet at Starbucks chinook at 8:00am for a coffee (Yum Americano) and morning chitty-chat. From there we are going to cruise as a group to Deerfoot mall, where we will meet up with the CVD crew and we can register for the show. We will then cruise up from there we may leave a bit early or later then the others as some of us like to drive a little faster and the air-cooleds from CVD are not very quick. CVD does not like any goofing around on there cruise as a group of 50-100 cars can attract a lot of attention and no one wants trouble. We will head up to the rendezvous in Red Deer and then all three clubs and hopefully a whole crap load of dubs will then invade Sylvan Lake!!!

Hope everyone can make it as this should be a great event!! :beer: :thumbsup:
                          Blair

Comment

I think I will just cruise with everyone...go slower with CVD and then catch up to the NVD or whatever...its all good. Tons of Dubs on the highway is all i really care about
                            Paul

Comment

OK guys. If anyone wants to cruise up with all the cars with CVD, meet us at Deerfoot Mall at 8:30. If you register at Deerfoot, you have to cruise with us. Liability and CVD's insurance policy says so. The aircooleds leave a little earlier, as they go slow (like ~95 KM/H slow). The water-pumpers leave a little later, and catch up to them on the road, usually just before Red Deer.

If you want to cruise up separately (which is your prerogative), you can meet us in Red Deer. We expect to be in the industrial section on the North side of the city by 11:00 or so. It depends on the weather and the trip.

Directions on where we'll meet the Air Riders, from the highway: Take exit 11A , head East off Highway 2, and then take first 2 rights. We'll be at the truck card-lock gas stations there.

From there, everyone will be cruising to Sylvan Lake for the show. Registration will be closing shortly after we arrive.

Did I mention that we have a ton of loot to give away? We'll be doing a raffle from Deerfoot Mall, right before we leave.

Here's some pictures from last year's event.

Last edited by Ryan S; 05-28-2003, 04:24 PM.
                              Ryan Shandruk
                              Time to move?

Comment

Working...
                              X