Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eurodrivers end of summer meet!-Edm/Cgy

Hey guys and gals,

Sorry for leaving so abruptly, my girlfriend threw her back out (and was in pretty severe pain) when we were playing around on the beach, so that’s why we left without saying goodbye to anyone. Anyway, good to meet some more of you, hopefully I’ll be out next year with my faster/better Volvo…just gotta get that damn transmission problem figured!

I’ll post some pics I took soon

ciao
    Volvo - not just a car, it's an addiction

Comment

Great meet guys!

Will have a bunch of pictures up soon hopefully! Took a bunch on the ride home including a few goodies that we ran into
      Tunerworks Performance Inc.
      Please email sales@tunerworks.com for pricing
      .: TUNERWORKSTORQUE .:. Blog .:. Facebook .:. FlickeFlu .:. Flickr .:. YouTube .:. Kijiji Clearance :.
      STaSIS / Eurojet / GIAC / HRE / Modulare / BBS / WORK / RENNTech / TechArt / Brabus / Akrapovic / AWE / Fabspeed / Milltek / Hotchkis / MEC Design / KW Suspension / Novitec / Kahn Design / QuickSilver / RSC / StopTech / Brembo / AP Racing / Vorsteiner & more!

Comment

would of been nice to go.. money was an issue :(

next time!
        sigpic

Comment

goof u shoulda rolled with us. I had no money so gordon fronted me cause his car was dead. You coulda jsut been the dead roller in the back seat we throw **** at
          .: TUNERWORKSTORQUE .:. Blog .:. Facebook .:. FlickeFlu .:. Flickr .:. YouTube .:. Kijiji Clearance :.
          STaSIS / Eurojet / GIAC / HRE / Modulare / BBS / WORK / RENNTech / TechArt / Brabus / Akrapovic / AWE / Fabspeed / Milltek / Hotchkis / MEC Design / KW Suspension / Novitec / Kahn Design / QuickSilver / RSC / StopTech / Brembo / AP Racing / Vorsteiner & more!

Comment

Ya, great day for a cruise, wish I could have stayed a bit longer.

I think we need one more cruise out to Banff though......
            2012 gti, 2012 mustang.

Comment

I'd be in for that!!! Love cruising through the mountains.

Comment

Originally posted by Chimyz
                I'd be in for that!!! Love cruising through the mountains.
                yes i was also going to suggest that...mountain roads provide way more driving fun and scenery than Highway 2, but i am biased since i drive it like 5 times a week when i am in town

although i have never been to Gull Lake, and it was quite sweet up there! thumbs up

but yeah...i know the calgaryvolvoclub should be doing our fall cruise sometime soon, i'll let you know hwat happens, maybe time it along side a eurodrivers fall cruise....the twisty roads are far more fun, for me at least, i can show off some RWD mad huge sway bars and torquey lil NA 2.1L fun!

ciao
                Volvo - not just a car, it's an addiction

Comment

I want to go so bad but cruise + screwed auto tranny = bad idea.

Now who wants to co sign me a $5000 loan in October and we iwll put a 5spd in and go cruising hard

Comment

Well I think the day was a fairly good one, we had ~28 cars a good turnout, weather was not bad too. I think the location was pretty good as well, not too busy, nice spot to park lots of cars and get some pics. Not sure what happened to the rest of you Calgary guys as we got back from lunch you were all gone, so the E-Towners got all the prizes

Thanks to everyone who came out, was great to meet more of you Edmonton peeps, the scene is hot up there, hope I can make it up sometime for an event guest appearence. The bimmers were amazing, lots of nice dubs and audis too!!

Thanks again for making this a success and thanks to Graeme for driving me to and from too!
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
                      Not sure what happened to the rest of you Calgary guys as we got back from lunch you were all gone, so the E-Towners got all the prizes
                      It looked like you all left first. We grabbed lunch on the way out, so we wouldn't have to leave and come back. But when half the people all took off, a bunch of us took that as a sign it was pretty much done. Maybe next time go after lunch?

Only issue about the venue was the washrooms being locked. Parking lot was great.

Khyron
                      Last edited by Khyron; 09-11-2006, 12:19 PM.
                      Geoff
                      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Well we were not sure if the weekend would be considered out of season or not, but I guess it was not so nothing was open.

I do think this gives us a good idea and base to work with and have a larger event next year.

Thanks again to all who came out.
                        Blair
                        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I think someone said the last weekend was the Sept long, then it closed. But going when it's open would mean sharing the parking lot/pits, was nice to have it all to ourselves. And backdrop was great.

Khyron
                          Geoff
                          Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Originally posted by AllGo'n'Show
                            goof u shoulda rolled with us. I had no money so gordon fronted me cause his car was dead. You coulda jsut been the dead roller in the back seat we throw **** at
                            hah thanks man
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X