2008 Mini Clubman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Mini Clubman

BMW testers have stripped away most of the camouflage from their prototypes of the Mini Clubman. This latest look not only gives us our best glimpse of the newest model from Mini, it also puts to rest once-and-for-all some questions about its packaging and configuration.

The clean, uncamouflaged windows and body-sides clearly reveal different pillar configurations for the driver- and passenger-sides. The driver-side has only one door, and a long uninterrupted expanse of glass between the B- and C-pillars. The passenger-side gets a rear-hinged, suicide rear access door, which requires an additional pillar that is visible through the driver-side glass. Unless a driver-side suicide door will be offered as an option (which is highly unlikely), rear-seaters will want to load up from the passenger-side.

This past summer, photographers snapped the first pix of the Clubman's rear double doors in place of a conventional hatchback, and the rear cut-line is now clearly visible on this latest prototype.

Seeing the Clubman in something very close to finished form, it's clear that this larger Mini fits in well with the rest of the Mini model-range. The Clubman's longer footprint adds extra versatility, but the Mini look remains intact. Insiders expect the Mini Clubman to make its official debut at the Geneva Motor Show this Spring.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: 2008 Mini Clubman

looks like a big dodge van but shrunk down lol

Comment

Should make a great hearse for midgets!
      EU Tuning
      European Performance Products
      www.eutuning.ca
      slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

hahahaha thats exactly what it is!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
          hahahaha thats exactly what it is!!
          I thought the same thing haha, not for me, but I'd take a regular Mini.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I am surprised that I actually like it....

Present
            2010 Audi A4 S-Line
            2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
            2003 VW Jetta GLI
            1992 VW Jetta GL
            1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

thats like a Mini Avant
              Dylan
              (Made from bits of real panther.)

Comment

UGLY!!
                Got 5?

Comment

Not my cup of tea
                  When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Comment

Undisguised Mini Clubman shots

Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Kinda neat, I'm sure we'll see a few on the streets, but what's the point of a mini if its not super tiny and agile?
                      Dylan
                      (Made from bits of real panther.)

Comment

It just just like the old mini wagons. Now a mini woody wagon would be killer!
                        Name: Brent
                        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
                        X