BMW 1 Series Hatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW 1 Series Hatch

BMW has unveiled the 2007/2008 BMW 1-Series three-door hatchback. The new car goes on sale this spring, and will be offered with five engine choices in Europe. It's not known if the three-door model will be offered in the United States, but coupe and convertible variants are expected in America in the coming years.

Technologies such as Brake Energy Regeneration, Automatic Start-Stop function, Electric Power Steering, lower rolling resistant tires, variable valve technologies, and High-Precision Direct Injection cut fuel consumption and emissions.

Model choices include the 130i model, with a 265 horsepower inline-six and a zero to 62 mph time of 6.0 seconds; the 120i with a 170 horsepower four-cylinder engine and a zero to 62 mph time of 7.7 seconds; the 118i with a 143 horsepower four-cylinder engine and a zero to 62 mph time of 8.7 seconds; the 120d with a 177 horsepower common-rail diesel engine and a zero to 62 mph time of 7.5 seconds; and the 118d with a 143 horsepower common-rail diesel engine and a zero to 62 mph time of 8.9 seconds.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: BMW 1 Series Hatch

265hp is a good a3 rival..

Comment

Possible look of the rumored coupe version......

Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Mmm
        The coupe version looks nice and clean!
        -Drew
        2001 "BORA" GLS 1.8T
        1990 Lincoln Continental

Comment

if that coupe comes here i'll sell my S4 for that.. that thing is HOT.. reminds me of the old 318Tis.. i love those cars but needs mo powa

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
            if that coupe comes here i'll sell my S4 for that.. that thing is HOT.. reminds me of the old 318Tis.. i love those cars but needs mo powa
            i agree. the coupe for sure. i was also begining to think i was the only guy who liked the 318ti's!! weak power indeed. needs the inline 6. probably would have sold a ton more.
            you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

i still want to buy a 318ti and put a e36 m3 engine in it..

Comment

Hmm looks good, so these will be cheaper than 3-series Im assuming?
                When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                  i still want to buy a 318ti and put a e36 m3 engine in it..
                  my wife likes them so i might get to fufill that dream!
                  you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

I could never get into the ti... looks too..... stumpy to me.

Present
                    2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                    2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                    2003 VW Jetta GLI
                    1992 VW Jetta GL
                    1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Latest rumor is that in early 2008 (about a year) we will be getting the 130i and 135i 2 door hatches to compete with the GTI. Yes you heard me the, 6 cylinder turbo from the 335 will be going in this small car to sell for between Mini and 3 series prices, this could get very interesting!!!
                      Blair

Comment

nuts

Comment

Read today that its confirmed, north america will get the i135 with the twin turbo V6 in 2008

Hopefully BMW ups the specs on the engine a bit too, as it is capable of more I think.

Being more expensive than the mini kind of sucks though, the mini isn't that cheap...
                          KR
                          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor View Post
                            Read today that its confirmed, north america will get the i135 with the twin turbo V6 in 2008

Hopefully BMW ups the specs on the engine a bit too, as it is capable of more I think.

Being more expensive than the mini kind of sucks though, the mini isn't that cheap...

Ya i wonder how much more? If we're talking ~42-45k range than one of these could be my next car for sure! Anything above that and you could get into something fast with a little more practicability
                            Last edited by James; 01-18-2007, 03:41 PM.
                            REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                            -james

Comment

I think low 40s is bang on for this car and it will be a smaller hatch with 306hp!! Could also push the GTI to go for more power too
                              Blair

Comment

Working...
                              X