APR vs GIAC vs REVO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APR vs GIAC vs REVO

I know most the ppl here drive VW's but as far as i know these company's make chips for more than just A4's.

http://www.audigeeks.com/forums/index.php?topic=1048.0

I know its another forum, please forgive. Interesting none the less.
    Dylan
    (Made from bits of real panther.)

Re: APR vs GIAC vs REVO

Not sure I would totally trust those numbers.

The REVO should really make the most power based on the earlier graphs in the "study". It has the best A/F, Fuel, Boost management charactersistics, and timing issues are pretty much the same as APR's, although poorer initially which obviously affects torque curve.... I think the Revo would have done even better if timing was adjusted.

On the dyno, suspiciously he makes basically stock power with both GIAC and REVO. I really, really find it hard to believe GIAC's dyno curve is so SO close to stock.

If I was buying based on this data I would pick Revo first

Assuming that these numbers arent affected by other things, other mods, the weather, etc etc.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

i agree.. giac from reading on any forums audi and dub are probably the most aggressive tuned.. especially with the X program.. REVO is tuned aggressive too and APR tuned to be aggressive but stock like.

Ryan

Comment

Yeah, I'm digging up this old ass thread but...

Ryan are you talking about Audi's in general or 2.0T's. Could it be that the programs for maybe the 1.8T or R/S4 engines are different?
        Dylan
        (Made from bits of real panther.)

Comment

Only thing I can think of, is usually it takes a while for the chip to adapt to the car.. its not an instant switch thing... but I would still expect better dyno results.

Comment

Working...
          X