Mr Blair -- this thread's for you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Blair -- this thread's for you!

I'm likin' the wagon's more and more. I actually have one of the pictures blair posted on my work desktop (love those HID's ). I think I'm going to go down to 5th Ave. on thursday and check out pricing on a few different models. I'm thinking it's time to get something new (I have you guys to blame:mrlaugh: ). First I'll have to see how much I'll get for the 'rado though. Not sure if I'll look at the golf or jetta although a lowered wagon is REALLY tempting (I'll have to convince the girlfriend that wagons are cool:mrlaugh: )
    Jay

If you get a wagon it needs to be low with huge rims. Thats just the way the world works. You can't fight it.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
      If you get a wagon it needs to be low with huge rims. Thats just the way the world works. You can't fight it.
      Yeah boy only way to go!!!!!!!

Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
        Yeah I know. I've already discussed the finer points of wagon ownership with Boy Racer. If I get a wagon it has to have some mods. But I must say, even with the sport package with the longbeach's they look alright. I guess we'll see, I'm not sure what the price difference is between a reg. Jetta and the Wagon.
        Jay

Comment

Jetta wagon full load is about 32.... i looked at one before my GTI.... my next car is gonna be the passat wagon
          Dale Willimus

Comment

Yeah I was checking out prices, looks like I can almost get a GTi VR6 for the same price as a 1.8T Wagon:donking: that's a lot! I don't know, like I said, going to talk to the sales guy on thursday, the vw website isn't so great for price comparisons. I might just wait and see what the Mk5's look like too.
            Jay

Comment

Re: Mr Blair -- this thread's for you!

Last edited by harv; 03-02-2004, 10:19 PM.

Comment

That's a nice Jetta! I'm gonna check out the Passat wagon on the weekend, I like the Jetta wagon, but it's a little tight for a wagon.

Harv, is that yours? Welcome to the boards by the way!

Wierd, I don't remember starting this thread??!! I don't think I've ever called Blair "Mr. Blair" I think a certain deleted username started it.
                Jay

Comment

imho i think wagons look best with amg/opera style rims...
                  2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                  2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

You are probably correct Jason, I think it ws posted back ine the day when I was thinking of getting a Jetta wagon TDI to go along side my 337, but now I have neither

And yes Bart wagons on Benz rims are the best... Plus a Passat has 5x112 which is the same as Audi and MB yum!!
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by bart
                      imho i think wagons look best with amg/opera style rims...
                      true.
                      KR
                      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                        true.

yep thats my wagon, it is tight for a wagon, its 1.8t manual, fun to drive and mod. dish looks the best imo. on wagons,

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
                          You are probably correct Jason, I think it ws posted back ine the day when I was thinking of getting a Jetta wagon TDI to go along side my 337, but now I have neither

And yes Bart wagons on Benz rims are the best... Plus a Passat has 5x112 which is the same as Audi and MB yum!!
                          5x112? Hmmmm..... I guess that means I wouldn't be able to buy cheap rims from here when you guys do your yearly change up!! Oh well I could probably find some somewhere else. I I don't mind the AMG wheels but I don't know if I would say they look "Best" I kinda like the open look.
                          Jay

Comment

I love the look of a lowered wagon. Had the price been a little better, I would have loved a jetta wagon, but 5k more then my GTI too much.

IMO, I think they look the best on BBS wheels, mainly the CH, but that's just my opinion.

I think MB wheels are 5x120, a least my ex's MB was.
                            huh?

2003 GTI Silverstone Gray

Comment

Originally posted by tex_the_t_rex
                              I love the look of a lowered wagon. Had the price been a little better, I would have loved a jetta wagon, but 5k more then my GTI too much.

IMO, I think they look the best on BBS wheels, mainly the CH, but that's just my opinion.

I think MB wheels are 5x120, a least my ex's MB was.
                              ooh yea, BBS would look sweet, esp. on a Passat. Need to be 18" or more tho
                              Jay

Comment

Working...
                              X