Rumour: Audi killing RS4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumour: Audi killing RS4?

On another forum I read an unsubstantiated rumour that Audi is not going to produce the RS4 after now, since its too close to the R8!

Will try to get a source to confirm/deny.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Re: Rumour: Audi killing RS4?

From the article I read Audi was going to stop manufacturing the sedan because the RS6 was due for launch, and somehow they would interfer with each others sales. The convertible and avant would still be made.

Comment

From a few of the articles I've been reading, the official announcement is to come down from Audi in the next couple of weeks (closer to the 'first look' RS6). The RS4 convertible and RS4 Avant will continue to sell (only in Europe and select countries of course), and the RS4 sedan will be terminated world wide. Kind of a crock of sh!t if you ask me...atleast we'll be able to import the sedan down the road because it was sold here for a short time lol.
      Kyle
      2000 Audi S4

Comment

they better keep making them.. audi shoulda started the R8 with the TT V10 IMO..

the new RS6 is supposed to be like 580HP or something stupid anyways..

RS4 4 life!

Comment

I may be way out in left field here.. but is it possible that the RS4 production line is being shut down to make RS6's? I dont know if they are made differently then the regular A/S4's.. but this at least seems logical.

Also note.. some people on AW are in the midst of placing orders for RS4's.. and havent heard a word of this from the dealer. (One is doing Audi exclusive interior/paint.. so in constant conversation with germany.)

Another thing... looking back.. Have the Rs4/M3's been in production together before? Seems like are opposite each other.. easy way to one up.

http://jalopnik.com/cars/over-the-ba...ion-269233.php

Comment

that seems right mark.. mark make rs6s for a year then start producing b8 rs4s since the b7 is dead soon.. so soon

Comment

http://autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/226027/

I am so sad, I want one. Now, never.
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

ahhh!!!!! noooo!!!!! if those cars are cheap in a few years i'm totally buying one..

Comment

I'm sure they will stay $$$ since they are the last and only year.

I had really planned on one in a couple years too. Such an amazing car.
                  Last edited by Kor; 06-15-2007, 10:51 PM.
                  KR
                  Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

your probably right kris.. even the b5 rs4s from europe cost like 100-120k US after being imported into the US.. but what an amazing car is right

Comment

Well I love the RS4s just like everyone else, but Audi probably cannot produce the RS4, RS6 and R8 at the sametime. Therefore the RS4 will go away, but probably just until the B8 emerges, giving them time to make the others. After having spotted a few RS4 Avants overseas I really wish we had those!
                      Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I heart RS4
                        I'd like to make a statment!
                        2012 Q5
                        2011 A5

Comment

Rumor FALSE, hurray!

Winding Road, doubting the claims that Audi has ended RS4 sedan production to make way for the RS6, went straight to the source. Audi of America's Patrick Hespen confirmed that there will indeed be a full production run for the sedan in 2008, which makes since. Audi just added a few new options and packages to the car. For anyone dreaming of owning this fantastic machine, relax - you've still got a year to save up the $70,000 needed to buy one.
                          Geoff
                          Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Working...
                          X