Front passenger door wont open!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front passenger door wont open!!

I just purchased a tip chip from INMotion for my 04 A6 2.7t, so the other day I head to my car to start the removal of the TCU. My car is currently parked outside for winter (in a car cover). As I pulled the car cover up to open the passenger door it was slightly frozen but easily opened...... Almost finished the removal and happy I get up to take a quick break (it is -25 out). I shut the door... but the door wouldn't click in like if is was frozen open. So I play with the mechanism in the middle of the door with my finger (up and down) and shut it again still nothing. So I leaned on the door and then locked it with my remote. It works the door closed....

but now it won't open! I see and hear the lock trying.... any ideas?

I heated the car up for a good 30 min and still no luck.. This door won't open. The handle feels like I'm pulling on nothing but air. You see the lock pin slightly move (and if its locked it'll pop back up) but you can definitely feel that it is not functioning right. Maybe a guy from a towing company could unlock this with some special tools they have for people who lock themselves out of their vehicles? Please any help would be much appreciated... I got the TCU out but I'm afraid I will be losing sleep due to having a brand new car with a door that won't open... gosh as if it's that easy to screw up a lock!! I did this exact same thing (many times) with my 99 Audi A4 2.8 and as soon as I went to unlock it, it worked...

Re: Front passenger door wont open!!

Are you trying the key or just the electric lock?

Warm it up more and put some de-icer in the lock too
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Re: Front passenger door wont open!!

only the electric lock because I don't have a keyhole on that door.

Comment

Working...
      X